From: styrum on
OK, it works now, but writing works only when the PLC is in the Run
state and the switch is in Term. Looks like reading inputs works in all
modes and switch positions though. I wonder if I can at all write to
the outputs when the switch is in Run. Because the PLC manual warns
that after the supercapacitor discharges when the power comes back on
it is unknown whether it will go into Run or Program mode. So it is
highly desirable to be able to write to the inputs with the switch in
Run.

From: Tushar Jambhekar on
Hi srinivas

we are in the Modbus Datalogger development for quite a long time now. and we have lot many of the shelf applications available with us. if you are interested in complete solution. please contact me on 09823015765.
we can provide you the apllication accustomed for you needs along with the source code.
From: Donald on
Anonymous wrote:... I wonder if I can at all write to the outputs when the switch is in Run.

No, you can't write to the outputs/V-memory/anything when the mode switch is in the RUN position.

When the DL-05 (and -06,-205, -350, etc.) manual discusses mode switch positions (Chapter 4) and says "No changes are allowed by the attached programming/monitoring device" in the RUN and STOP positions, it really means no changes.

... Because the PLC manual warns that after the supercapacitor discharges when the power comes back on it is unknown whether it will go into Run or Program mode. So it is highly desirable to be able to write to the inputs with the switch in Run.

There is the <a href="http://web5.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/PLC_Hardware/DirectLogic_05/Specialty_Modules/D0-01MC" target="_blank">D0-01MC</a>&nbsp;memory cartridge option&nbsp;which seems to be the only way to add battery backup to the DL-05. I don't remember it existing 5 years ago (when I last considered the -05) and don't know much about it.
&nbsp;
Good luck.
From: Tushar Jambhekar on
Hi Rujuta
Please send me your mailID as well as contact number.
Our dataloggers features are as follows
Real Time Display and analysis
Data Trending
bulk downloading
device&nbsp; aliases (multiple aliases for single device based on register partitions)
Mltiple(configurable) logging targets
etc etc etc...
if you want to have further information you can contact me on 09823015765 or you can mail me on tushar(a)vidishaconsultancy.co.in
From: styrum on
Page 4-29 of the manual also says that there is bit 13 in V7633 which
can be used to force the PLC into Run when the switch is in Term
position: "Location can also be used to set thepower-up in Run Mode
option." I think I will have to rely on that.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Sudoku
Next: Labview 6.1 vi's for NI USB-8451