From: john on
On 14 Jan 2006 22:25:28 GMT, noone(a)hunt.com (Hunt) wrote:

>In article <dq7525124c9(a)news3.newsguy.com>, noone(a)hunt.com says...
>>
>>In article <43c66f5f$1(a)news.nb.nu>, bert(a)l.am.com says...
>>>
>>>I would like to create (or rather emulate) the mythbusters logo. Mythbusters
>>>is a TV series on Discovery channel very popular with 12 year old boys as
>>>well as boys above that age.
>>>I'm going to try to write my sons name in this style (metal looking
>>>background, metal letters, bevel). Has anyone ever seen a tutorial that can
>>>help me in the correct direction?
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>
>>>B.ert L. from NL (EU)
>>
>>First thing I'd do is to make a mask for the outline of the letters (of your
>>choice) and use a small, round, hard-edged brush with jitter, to work on the
>>mask. The metal-like background can be easily made, and if you's do an emboss
>>to make the type appear to come out of it, the effect should be similar.
>>
>>There are several add-ons that "distress" type. Some of those effects might
>>fill the bill. Seems that AutoFX has one. Someplace, I have a pile of type-
>>effects, but don't have them on this machine, and cannot recall the producer.
>>
>>Hunt
>
>While searching for a font (problem) on my system, I think I found the exact
>font that you need, to do the MythBuster's treatment, Wobbly BRK. I do not
>recall where this font came from, but it has the distressed edge, that I
>suggested "making," with a mask. One good thing about using the font, and not
>having to work on an outline Selection, is that it will stay editible in the
>Text Layer. Might want to go to one of the fonts NG's and inquire about Wobbly
>BRK. Also, www.whatthefont.com (I think that is correct), might offer similar
>or Wobbly.
>
>Hunt

A quick search in Google came up with

http://www.abstractfonts.com/fonts/static-Letter-W-10.html

John
From: Bert L.am on

<john(a)world.com> schreef in bericht
> On 14 Jan 2006 22:25:28 GMT, noone(a)hunt.com (Hunt) wrote:
>
>>In article <dq7525124c9(a)news3.newsguy.com>, noone(a)hunt.com says...
>>>
>>>In article <43c66f5f$1(a)news.nb.nu>, bert(a)l.am.com says...

>>>First thing I'd do is to make a mask for the outline of the letters (of
>>>your
>>>choice) and use a small, round, hard-edged brush with jitter, to work on
>>>the
>>>mask. The metal-like background can be easily made, and if you's do an
>>>emboss
>>>to make the type appear to come out of it, the effect should be similar.
>>>
>>>There are several add-ons that "distress" type. Some of those effects
>>>might
>>>fill the bill. Seems that AutoFX has one. Someplace, I have a pile of
>>>type-
>>>effects, but don't have them on this machine, and cannot recall the
>>>producer.
>>>
>>>Hunt
>>
>>While searching for a font (problem) on my system, I think I found the
>>exact
>>font that you need, to do the MythBuster's treatment, Wobbly BRK. I do not
>>recall where this font came from, but it has the distressed edge, that I
>>suggested "making," with a mask. One good thing about using the font, and
>>not
>>having to work on an outline Selection, is that it will stay editible in
>>the
>>Text Layer. Might want to go to one of the fonts NG's and inquire about
>>Wobbly
>>BRK. Also, www.whatthefont.com (I think that is correct), might offer
>>similar
>>or Wobbly.
>>
>>Hunt
>
> A quick search in Google came up with
>
> http://www.abstractfonts.com/fonts/static-Letter-W-10.html
>
> John

Great. This has proved to be a great big help.
Many thanks from Holland (the country of tulips, cloggs, windmills and
dikes)

B.ert L.

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu
From: Hunt on
In article <f14ks1db9vuljp14nc1k7jneiquenr7j4j(a)4ax.com>, john(a)world.com says

>On 14 Jan 2006 22:25:28 GMT, noone(a)hunt.com (Hunt) wrote:
>
>>In article <dq7525124c9(a)news3.newsguy.com>, noone(a)hunt.com says...
>>>
>>>In article <43c66f5f$1(a)news.nb.nu>, bert(a)l.am.com says...

Mythbusters

>>>First thing I'd do is to make a mask for the outline of the letters (of
your
>>>choice) and use a small, round, hard-edged brush with jitter, to work on
the
>>>mask. The metal-like background can be easily made, and if you's do an
emboss
>>>to make the type appear to come out of it, the effect should be similar.
>>>
>>>There are several add-ons that "distress" type. Some of those effects might
>>>fill the bill. Seems that AutoFX has one. Someplace, I have a pile of type-
>>>effects, but don't have them on this machine, and cannot recall the
producer.

>>>Hunt
>>
>>While searching for a font (problem) on my system, I think I found the exact
>>font that you need, to do the MythBuster's treatment, Wobbly BRK. I do not
>>recall where this font came from, but it has the distressed edge, that I
>>suggested "making," with a mask. One good thing about using the font, and
not
>>having to work on an outline Selection, is that it will stay editible in the
>>Text Layer. Might want to go to one of the fonts NG's and inquire about
Wobbly
>>BRK. Also, www.whatthefont.com (I think that is correct), might offer
similar
>>or Wobbly.
>>
>>Hunt
>
>A quick search in Google came up with
>
>http://www.abstractfonts.com/fonts/static-Letter-W-10.html
>
>John

Excellent. Hope the OP follows his/her thread.

Hunt

From: Hunt on
In article <43ca41a3$1(a)news.nb.nu>, bert(a)l.am.com says...

><john(a)world.com> schreef in bericht
>> On 14 Jan 2006 22:25:28 GMT, noone(a)hunt.com (Hunt) wrote:
[SNIP]

>> A quick search in Google came up with
>>
>> http://www.abstractfonts.com/fonts/static-Letter-W-10.html
>>
>> John
>
>Great. This has proved to be a great big help.
>Many thanks from Holland (the country of tulips, cloggs, windmills and
>dikes)
>
>B.ert L.
>

>--
>Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Great! Too often someone posts a request/question, and others jump in to
help, only to never know if any of the thoughts or ideas actually helped.

Let us know how the project goes. One never knows when *they* will be called
upon to do something similar.

Hunt