From: news.alt.net on
I bought a new computer, with OS Windows 7. It doesn't seem to like my hp
deskjet 845c. It rejected my CD for driver installation. Then I downloaded a
driver directly from the hp website. After installation and trying to print
something, I see a message "Waiting for the printer to intialise..." Also,
the "Print" key is greyed.

Any suggestions?

From: news.alt.net on

"news.alt.net" <johnwaters6(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I bought a new computer, with OS Windows 7. It doesn't seem to like my hp
> deskjet 845c. It rejected my CD for driver installation. Then I downloaded
> a driver directly from the hp website. After installation and trying to
> print something, I see a message "Waiting for the printer to intialise..."
> Also, the "Print" key is greyed.
>
> Any suggestions?

New discovery. When I select "Send to OneNote", the greyed Print button
becomes black. The printer still doesn't print, however.

I hope this will give someone a clue as to what I need to do. Can anyone
recommend a different ng or forum to discuss this problem?

From: Lola MacLean on
>Can anyone recommend a different ng or forum to discuss this problem?
You might try one of the HP Forums. I no longer have an HP printer, but
found them to be helpful when I did.
Lola MacLean
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/bd-p/OSandSW