From: D.M. Procida on
I've sometimes receive .ics files from Lotus Notes users (poor things).

Quick Look has a good idea of what it is (though the time it displays is
an hour out). iCal opens when I double-click it, but then does nothing
with it; same if I drag it to iCal's Dock icon.

If I drag the file to iCal's calendar view, it creates the appointment
in the right place (though it also gets the time wrong - an hour late).

The time of the meeting in the email message Subject line is "10:00
GDT".

So two problems: firstly, it doesn't do what expected when
double-clicked, and secondly, the time's incorrect.

Any suggestions?

Daniele
From: Sara on
In article
<1j5iuxx.cqklm31b9bmhyN%real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk>,
real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk (D.M. Procida) wrote:

> I've sometimes receive .ics files from Lotus Notes users (poor things).
>
> Quick Look has a good idea of what it is (though the time it displays is
> an hour out). iCal opens when I double-click it, but then does nothing
> with it; same if I drag it to iCal's Dock icon.
>
> If I drag the file to iCal's calendar view, it creates the appointment
> in the right place (though it also gets the time wrong - an hour late).
>
> The time of the meeting in the email message Subject line is "10:00
> GDT".
>
> So two problems: firstly, it doesn't do what expected when
> double-clicked, and secondly, the time's incorrect.
>
> Any suggestions?

Could the time be set incorrectly on the sender's machine?

--
Married and loving it
From: Woody on
D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:

> I've sometimes receive .ics files from Lotus Notes users (poor things).
>
> Quick Look has a good idea of what it is (though the time it displays is
> an hour out). iCal opens when I double-click it, but then does nothing
> with it; same if I drag it to iCal's Dock icon.
>
> If I drag the file to iCal's calendar view, it creates the appointment
> in the right place (though it also gets the time wrong - an hour late).
>
> The time of the meeting in the email message Subject line is "10:00
> GDT".
>
> So two problems: firstly, it doesn't do what expected when
> double-clicked, and secondly, the time's incorrect.
>
> Any suggestions?

You could have some little script that changed the time (from GDT to DST
maybe?). At the same time, I guess there must be some header that is
different between the ics that you have, and the ics that it expects
that you could also change

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com