From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
This is annoying me, but I wanted to check if it's just me since my
3GS is jailbroken and I'm using LockInfo to put calendar etc on the
lockscreen.

iPhoneOS 3 and below, a double click on a locked phone with black
screen would get me the iPod controls.

Now, the screen needs to be woken up before a doubleclick will do
that, either by tripleclicking quite slowly or tapping the lock/power
button.

Is that the same for everyone?

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Homographic homophonic autantonyms: "They're words that
do their job in the most sullen, passive-aggressive way
From: David Empson on
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> This is annoying me, but I wanted to check if it's just me since my
> 3GS is jailbroken and I'm using LockInfo to put calendar etc on the
> lockscreen.
>
> iPhoneOS 3 and below, a double click on a locked phone with black
> screen would get me the iPod controls.
>
> Now, the screen needs to be woken up before a doubleclick will do
> that, either by tripleclicking quite slowly or tapping the lock/power
> button.
>
> Is that the same for everyone?

I don't know about everyone else, but I observe the same issue.

My iPhone 3GS running iOS 4 is not jailbroken.

If the phone is locked and the screen is off, I get:

Single click of home: wake up, shows unlock screen.

Double click of home: same.

Triple click of home: doesn't wake up screen, performs my configured
Accessibility action (invert screen) so when I subsequently wake it up,
the colours are reversed.

Single click, wait for screen to wake up, double click: iPod controls.

If the screen is on with the unlock screen visible, each double-click of
home hides or shows the iPod controls.

Looks like a bug to me. I can't see any other use for double click on a
locked iPhone with the screen off.

Also confirmed on my iPod Touch (2G running iOS 4).

I've filed a bug report.
--
David Empson
dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz
From: Mark on
On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 15:56:47 +0100, David Empson wrote
(in article <1jl4xcn.le8a10k7lv5sN%dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz>):

> Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:
>
>> This is annoying me, but I wanted to check if it's just me since my
>> 3GS is jailbroken and I'm using LockInfo to put calendar etc on the
>> lockscreen.
>>
>> iPhoneOS 3 and below, a double click on a locked phone with black
>> screen would get me the iPod controls.
>>
>> Now, the screen needs to be woken up before a doubleclick will do
>> that, either by tripleclicking quite slowly or tapping the lock/power
>> button.
>>
>> Is that the same for everyone?
>
> I don't know about everyone else, but I observe the same issue.
>
> My iPhone 3GS running iOS 4 is not jailbroken.
>
> If the phone is locked and the screen is off, I get:
>
> Single click of home: wake up, shows unlock screen.
>
> Double click of home: same.
>
> Triple click of home: doesn't wake up screen, performs my configured
> Accessibility action (invert screen) so when I subsequently wake it up,
> the colours are reversed.
>
> Single click, wait for screen to wake up, double click: iPod controls.
>
> If the screen is on with the unlock screen visible, each double-click of
> home hides or shows the iPod controls.
>
> Looks like a bug to me. I can't see any other use for double click on a
> locked iPhone with the screen off.
>
> Also confirmed on my iPod Touch (2G running iOS 4).
>
> I've filed a bug report.

Jailbroken 3G running 3.1.2 (but with 3.1.3 spoofer app) - double-click from
black screen brings up the iPod controls. I also have Activator set up to use
a single (long) click to bring up Snappy (camera app) too. Also works from
black screen.

Mark

From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 20:35:35 +0100, Mark <captain.black(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 15:56:47 +0100, David Empson wrote
>(in article <1jl4xcn.le8a10k7lv5sN%dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz>):
>
>> I don't know about everyone else, but I observe the same issue.
>>
>> My iPhone 3GS running iOS 4 is not jailbroken.
>>
>> If the phone is locked and the screen is off, I get:
>>
>> Single click of home: wake up, shows unlock screen.
>>
>> Double click of home: same.
>>
>> Triple click of home: doesn't wake up screen, performs my configured
>> Accessibility action (invert screen) so when I subsequently wake it up,
>> the colours are reversed.

When I say "slow tripleclick", I guess it's more click, wait a mo for
the screen to wake, then doubleclick. A real tripleclick loses the
second click while waiting for the screen to wake.

>> Single click, wait for screen to wake up, double click: iPod controls.
>>
>> If the screen is on with the unlock screen visible, each double-click of
>> home hides or shows the iPod controls.

Identical here.

>> Looks like a bug to me. I can't see any other use for double click on a
>> locked iPhone with the screen off.
>>
>> Also confirmed on my iPod Touch (2G running iOS 4).
>>
>> I've filed a bug report.

I shall go do the same, Thanks David.

>Jailbroken 3G running 3.1.2 (but with 3.1.3 spoofer app) - double-click from
>black screen brings up the iPod controls. I also have Activator set up to use
>a single (long) click to bring up Snappy (camera app) too. Also works from
>black screen.

Yes, it always worked fine in 3.1.3 and below.

Btw, using the real 3.1.3 is fine using a PwnageTool-built restore
..ipsw - that's what I was running before.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"Come now, my child, if we were planning to harm you, do you think
we'd be lurking here, beside the path, in the very darkest part of
From: Mark on
On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 20:42:16 +0100, Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote
(in article <3po136tho076k3h8ngdshetn8jt2mtmpdq(a)4ax.com>):

> On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 20:35:35 +0100, Mark <captain.black(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 15:56:47 +0100, David Empson wrote
>> (in article <1jl4xcn.le8a10k7lv5sN%dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz>):
>>
>>> I don't know about everyone else, but I observe the same issue.
>>>
>>> My iPhone 3GS running iOS 4 is not jailbroken.
>>>
>>> If the phone is locked and the screen is off, I get:
>>>
>>> Single click of home: wake up, shows unlock screen.
>>>
>>> Double click of home: same.
>>>
>>> Triple click of home: doesn't wake up screen, performs my configured
>>> Accessibility action (invert screen) so when I subsequently wake it up,
>>> the colours are reversed.
>
> When I say "slow tripleclick", I guess it's more click, wait a mo for
> the screen to wake, then doubleclick. A real tripleclick loses the
> second click while waiting for the screen to wake.
>
>>> Single click, wait for screen to wake up, double click: iPod controls.
>>>
>>> If the screen is on with the unlock screen visible, each double-click of
>>> home hides or shows the iPod controls.
>
> Identical here.
>
>>> Looks like a bug to me. I can't see any other use for double click on a
>>> locked iPhone with the screen off.
>>>
>>> Also confirmed on my iPod Touch (2G running iOS 4).
>>>
>>> I've filed a bug report.
>
> I shall go do the same, Thanks David.
>
>> Jailbroken 3G running 3.1.2 (but with 3.1.3 spoofer app) - double-click
>> from
>> black screen brings up the iPod controls. I also have Activator set up to
>> use
>> a single (long) click to bring up Snappy (camera app) too. Also works from
>> black screen.
>
> Yes, it always worked fine in 3.1.3 and below.
>
> Btw, using the real 3.1.3 is fine using a PwnageTool-built restore
> .ipsw - that's what I was running before.
>
> Cheers - Jaimie

Righty-ho. Ta.

Mark

 |  Next  |  Last