From: Matthew Sylvester on
Jochem Huhmann <joh(a)gmx.net> wrote:

> No, it doesn't. It does this for a remote Mac server, not for the iPhone.

Drivel. It does it for the iPhone and remote servers. Here's a
screenshot I've just taken:
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthew_sylvester/4818347095/>
From: Jochem Huhmann on
matthew.sylvester(a)gmail.com (Matthew Sylvester) writes:

> Jochem Huhmann <joh(a)gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> No, it doesn't. It does this for a remote Mac server, not for the iPhone.
>
> Drivel. It does it for the iPhone and remote servers. Here's a
> screenshot I've just taken:
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthew_sylvester/4818347095/>

OK, looks you're right. Sorry for jumping to conclusions. Is there a way
to check memory usage of single apps? This would be really informative.

Jochem

--
"A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."
From: zoara on
Jochem Huhmann <joh(a)gmx.net> wrote:
> And it surely
> doesn't show wired/active/inactive/free stats and page ins and page
> outs
> for the iPhone (and the iPhone has no swap to begin with anyway).

It does in fact show all of those. Whether they're in any way accurate I
couldn't say (at least not without reinstalling SBToggle or whatever
it's called, which I hate), but it definitely shows them.

-z-

--
email: nettid1 at fastmail dot fm
From: Matthew Sylvester on
Jochem Huhmann <joh(a)gmx.net> wrote:

> OK, looks you're right. Sorry for jumping to conclusions.
That's ok, no harm done :o)

> Is there a way to check memory usage of single apps?
I haven't found one
From: Sak Wathanasin on
On 22 July, 11:09, thn...(a)poboxmolar.com.invalid (Tim Hodgson) wrote:
> I think Sak mentioned this possibllity the other day, and I'm definitely
> seeing increasingly sluggish response on a 3GS between reboots. Anyone
> seen any word on this?

Just seen a tip that if you turn off Spotlight (Settings->Gneral->Home
Button), it speeds up considerably. Have just done it (& a reboot for
good measure); will let you know...