From: Martin S Taylor on
Woody wrote
> Oh, I see, that is new for 4. Each account lists every other account
> smtp server with a default to being off.

ISTR it was pretty similar under iOS3.

Anyhow, have you got it working now?

MST

From: Woody on
Martin S Taylor <mst(a)hRyEpMnOoVtEiTsHm.cIo.uSk> wrote:
> Woody wrote
>> Oh, I see, that is new for 4. Each account lists every other account
>> smtp server with a default to being off.
>
> ISTR it was pretty similar under iOS3.
>
> Anyhow, have you got it working now?

Not at the moment as I haven't got round to it, and there are 7 accounts
to set the order of 7 smtp servers to, but I can see how, thanks.

--
Woody
From: Sak Wathanasin on
On 2 Aug, 19:19, Tim Streater <timstrea...(a)waitrose.com> wrote:

> Had my BiL on skype today, video call. He was complaining that although
> he can send mail OK from his iPhone when at home, if he goes anywhere
> else and uses someone else's WiFi, his mail server refuses it.

When at home, his mail will come from the ISP's internal network and
their mailserver will relay mail for him; when somewhere else, his
mail will come from an external (to the ISP) IP addr and their
mailserver will refuse to relay it. If it did, it'd relay mail for
every spammer in the world.

Any half-decent ISP will configure their mailserver to require (or at
least permit) you to authenticate before sending mail and if you do it
it will trump the IP address check and relay mail. Your BiL should
check with his ISP or find one that knows what they are doing.
From: Tim Gowen on
Tim Streater <timstreater(a)waitrose.com> wrote:

> Had my BiL on skype today, video call. He was complaining that although
> he can send mail OK from his iPhone when at home, if he goes anywhere
> else and uses someone else's WiFi, his mail server refuses it.

The Demon mail server rejects mine even when I'm on my own wi-fi. I've
tried adding a username/password but that didn't work when I tried it.
(The settings are synced from Mail, I believe, and it all works fine in
Mail).

Tim

--
Tim Gowen