From: Rowland McDonnell on
Mark Ingle <markinglenospam(a)nospamfastmail.fm> wrote:

> Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:
> >
> > Anyone got a pointer to some way of getting the hang of the basic way
> > iPhoto works, what it does, how to use it?
> >
> If you don't mind spending a bit of money on an eBook, I can recommend
> this one:
>
> http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/iphoto09-vqs

I do mind spending money to learn enough about an application to find
out if it's going to be any use.

I need really basic introductory stuff to teach me what iTunes does,
what it's for, that sort of thing.

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
Sorry - the spam got to me
From: Rowland McDonnell on
Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:

> Mark Ingle <markinglenospam(a)nospamfastmail.fm> wrote:
>
> > Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:
> > >
> > > Anyone got a pointer to some way of getting the hang of the basic way
> > > iPhoto works, what it does, how to use it?
> > >
> > If you don't mind spending a bit of money on an eBook, I can recommend
> > this one:
> >
> > http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/iphoto09-vqs
>
> I do mind spending money to learn enough about an application to find
> out if it's going to be any use.
>
> I need really basic introductory stuff to teach me what iTunes does,
> what it's for, that sort of thing.

Oh god. iPhoto, not iTunes.

Argh.

Tired.

V. v. tired.

Rowland.

From: Jochem Huhmann on
real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid (Rowland McDonnell) writes:

> Cheers in any case - but are there any sources of information about
> iPhoto that I can access without having to spend any more money?

You could look at the Help menu, there's quite a bit of useful
information there. Or just press Command-?

Jochem

--
"A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."
From: Rowland McDonnell on
Jochem Huhmann <joh(a)gmx.net> wrote:

> real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid (Rowland McDonnell) writes:
>
> > Cheers in any case - but are there any sources of information about
> > iPhoto that I can access without having to spend any more money?
>
> You could look at the Help menu, there's quite a bit of useful
> information there. Or just press Command-?

:-/

I had done - the Help menu is what tells you to go to the video
tutorials for your basic introduction.

The `learn about all you can do with iPhoto' bit seems simply to be
advertising of this nature:

"iPhoto helps you easily manage and enjoy all your digital photos in
exciting ways, and share your favorite memories with family and
friends."

<shrug>

Not actually informative at all, y'see.

Ta for the idea, though.
Rowland.

From: Rowland McDonnell on
Tim Hodgson <thnews(a)poboxmolar.com.invalid> wrote:

> Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:
>
> > The `learn about all you can do with iPhoto' bit seems simply to be
> > advertising of this nature:
> >
> > "iPhoto helps you easily manage and enjoy all your digital photos in
> > exciting ways, and share your favorite memories with family and
> > friends."
> >
> > <shrug>
> >
> > Not actually informative at all, y'see.
>
> Yep - Apple do tend to confuse help docs with marketing copy.

Not only that, but most of its links to `technical specs' or `technical
documentation' just give you advertising. :-(

Once upon a time, Apple actually provided helpful useful tutorials and
other things to help you learn to use its products.

No longer, it seems...

Rowland.