From: Rowland McDonnell on
Okay, so I've got my pics into iPhoto.

I can't find anything to introduce me to how to use iPhoto barring video
tutorials. They impart nothing to me.

(Surely I can't be the only person who learns nothing from modern video
tutorials for software? What about some actual written words, eh?
Pfft...)

Anyone got a pointer to some way of getting the hang of the basic way
iPhoto works, what it does, how to use it?

Cheers,
Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
Sorry - the spam got to me
From: Jim on
Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:

> Anyone got a pointer to some way of getting the hang of the basic way
> iPhoto works, what it does, how to use it?

Perhaps:

<http://www.amazon.co.uk/iPhoto-09-Missing-David-Pogue/dp/0596801440/ref
=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1281380987&sr=1-1> (iPhoto '09 - The
Missing Manual)

or

<http://www.amazon.co.uk/iPhoto-09-Dummies-Angelo-Micheletti/dp/04704337
1X/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1281380987&sr=1-2> (iPhoto '09 For
Dummies)

Never used either so can't vouch for them.

Jim
--
"Microsoft admitted its Vista operating system was a 'less good
product' in what IT experts have described as the most ambitious
From: Mike Lane on
Rowland McDonnell wrote on Aug 9, 2010:

> Okay, so I've got my pics into iPhoto.
>
> I can't find anything to introduce me to how to use iPhoto barring video
> tutorials. They impart nothing to me.
>
> (Surely I can't be the only person who learns nothing from modern video
> tutorials for software? What about some actual written words, eh?
> Pfft...)
>
> Anyone got a pointer to some way of getting the hang of the basic way
> iPhoto works, what it does, how to use it?
>
> Cheers,
> Rowland.

iPhoto The Missing Manual

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire

From: Mark Ingle on
Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:

> Anyone got a pointer to some way of getting the hang of the basic way
> iPhoto works, what it does, how to use it?

If you don't mind spending a bit of money on an eBook, I can recommend
this one:

http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/iphoto09-vqs
From: Rowland McDonnell on
Mike Lane <mike.lane.usenet(a)ntlworld.co.uk> wrote:

> Rowland McDonnell wrote on Aug 9, 2010:
>
> > Okay, so I've got my pics into iPhoto.
> >
> > I can't find anything to introduce me to how to use iPhoto barring video
> > tutorials. They impart nothing to me.
> >
> > (Surely I can't be the only person who learns nothing from modern video
> > tutorials for software? What about some actual written words, eh?
> > Pfft...)
> >
> > Anyone got a pointer to some way of getting the hang of the basic way
> > iPhoto works, what it does, how to use it?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Rowland.
> >

> iPhoto The Missing Manual

Oi vey.

Thanks for the tips (Mike and Jim).

I can't see any sanity in buying a manual to try to find out if I might
possibly have some use for the software in question.

Cheers in any case - but are there any sources of information about
iPhoto that I can access without having to spend any more money?

Anything that'll let me get to grips with what the hell it's *FOR* and
its operational paradigms and so on.

- 'cos at the moment, I look at it and go `Durr?'

Rowland.