From: Gerhard Hellriegel on
Hi Raoul,
I've found a u-note which documents that, what SI said.

http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/SN/009/009585.html

That makes live easy for SI. The actual installation routines simply check
the OS and abort the installation. With some tricks that should be possible
anyway because there are no significant differences between home and pro.

By the way a good "trick": you can buy actually the MS media center edition.
That is the pro-version for low-costs. In some weeks you can upgrade to
Vista for a few $ with that!

In europe that saves around 200 Euros for Vista which has a base prize of
over 300 Euro!

From: Gerhard Hellriegel on
another info: also Vista is NOT supported!!
See

SN-V9-018828

!!!!

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 08:02:48 -0500, Gerhard Hellriegel

From: =?iso-8859-1?b?U3TpcGhhbmU=?= COLAS on
Raoul,

lol

XP is not supported but I can't imagine SAS can't run on. IE7 is not supported
too. But it works for the moment.
The true problem that I encountered, it was with Mozilla. On time, with
ReportNet of Cognos or Web report Studio, I lost some icons that serves to
work! anyway... it's not the subject.

I installed it on XP Home too. It's work.

I encountered a problem on time with the MS requirement for SEG 3.02. I
uninstalled the MS part and reinstalled independently of SAS. After I used an
option to bypass the analyze at the beginning that serves to SEG to see if the
MS components are active.
I don't have the doc on my side, so I suggest you to read the option that you
can use use at the installation.

St�phane.

From: =?iso-8859-1?b?U3TpcGhhbmU=?= COLAS on
I found it finally.

http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/SN/016/016884.html

Consider the CD as D: Drive, Execute d:\EGUIDE\setup.exe "skipsyscheck"

HTH

St�phane.