From: zilah on
l'm trying to create the total in my report.What l'm doing is =sum[total of
the books] .what l need to do is to calculate the total of the books by
categories [fiksyen, non fiksyen , red spot , history ,geography, philosophy]
.. when l'm using the the text box this message comeout.

" The experession you entered contains invalid syntax.You may have entered
an operand without an operator'.

Thanks in advance
From: hmadyson on
I think that you are missing the parentheses
=sum([total of the books])

If you want it summed on a category, you will want to add that category as a
grouping.

Please let me know if I can provide more assistance.

From: BruceM on
To expand a bit on the previous answer, if you group the report by category
and put the =sum(Total of books) into the group footer, that will take care
of producing a sum by category. Click View > Sorting and Grouping. Select
the category field, and select Yes for Group Header and for Group Footer.
This will place a header and footer onto the report. Place a text box bound
to the Category field into the header, and place a text box with the formula
into the footer. You may want to set the group header Force New Page
property to Before Section (or After Section in the group footer).

From: zilah on
yes, thank you hymadson, you are right, but its not appear, like what l
need.It's not calculate by categories group although l click properties at
running sum first l'm trying overgroup and then, over all , now l will try
suggestion from Bruce M and thank you very much for your help.

From: zilah on
l'm so sorry BruceM . l've tried so many time but l cannot get what l need.
l hope you can help me again.its not calculate the sum of the group but only
appear the total of the book by their name not by the categories. l think l
do mistake but l do not know what it is. and l tried so many time until
now.thanks in advance

"zilah" wrote:

> yes, thank you hymadson, you are right, but its not appear, like what l
> need.It's not calculate by categories group although l click properties at
> running sum first l'm trying overgroup and then, over all , now l will try
> suggestion from Bruce M and thank you very much for your help.
>
> "BruceM" wrote:
>
> > To expand a bit on the previous answer, if you group the report by category
> > and put the =sum(Total of books) into the group footer, that will take care
> > of producing a sum by category. Click View > Sorting and Grouping. Select
> > the category field, and select Yes for Group Header and for Group Footer.
> > This will place a header and footer onto the report. Place a text box bound
> > to the Category field into the header, and place a text box with the formula
> > into the footer. You may want to set the group header Force New Page
> > property to Before Section (or After Section in the group footer).
> >
> > "hmadyson" <hmadyson(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I think that you are missing the parentheses
> > > =sum([total of the books])
> > >
> > > If you want it summed on a category, you will want to add that category as
> > > grouping.
> > >
> > > Please let me know if I can provide more assistance.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Reserved Error (-3034)
Next: Emailing Access Reports