From: SilverNight on
I have installed the xp mode and work great.
But i have some question about xpmode.
My usage of xp mode is testing some trial version applications, some of
them maybe possible malicious software.

Would apps installed at xp mode has ability leave any footprint to
window 7(host OS) ?
Include registry,system file etc...
From: Steve Jain on
"SilverNight" wrote:

> I have installed the xp mode and work great.
> But i have some question about xpmode.
> My usage of xp mode is testing some trial version applications, some of
> them maybe possible malicious software.
>
> Would apps installed at xp mode has ability leave any footprint to
> window 7(host OS) ?
> Include registry,system file etc...
> .

Depends. Is your XP VM connected to the network? If so, then a malicious
program could infect any other computer via the network.
I don't know of any programs that can infect a host PC from a VM if there is
no network connection. The VM is essentially a separate container from the
host.