From: Hank Hamilton on

I only get black on white & it's not hard to read? Can we look elsewhere?

HRH

From: Barbara Duprey on
catfan.mn(a)netzero.net wrote:
> Monday, July 5th 2010
>
> Good Morning!
>
> It is really hard to see/read the BLACK text on the DARK GREY background menu headers! Please use some contrasting color combo instead!
> Thank you!
>
> Ted

[Ted (catfan.mn(a)netzero.net) is not subscribed to the list.]

The colors used for this are normally set the same way for all
applications (in Windows systems, for example, there's an Appearance
dialog). Are you seeing something different for OOo than for your other
applications? There are some options for OOo under Tools > Options,
OpenOffice.org, Appearance (and Accessibility) that affect various
aspects of the display, but I don't think they control menu bars.

By the way, please respond only to the list (discuss(a)openoffice.org), so
others can help as needed.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Mike Scott on
Barbara Duprey wrote:
> By the way, please respond only to the list (discuss(a)openoffice.org), so
> others can help as needed.

Unless you cc'd the OP, they won't see any of this anyway.... yet
another unsubscribed user. (I don't think they've used gmane.)

--
Mike Scott

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Barbara Duprey on
Mike Scott wrote:
> Barbara Duprey wrote:
>> By the way, please respond only to the list (discuss(a)openoffice.org),
>> so others can help as needed.
>>

> Unless you cc'd the OP, they won't see any of this anyway.... yet
> another unsubscribed user. (I don't think they've used gmane.)

I did copy the OP (as another To:). When I respond to an unsubscribed
user, as in this case, I generally include a statement at the top that
he/she is not subscribed, and the line you quoted at the bottom. The
message in question was definitely not coming in through Gmane, those
messages are not moderated. As Harold says, they have a header about
being injected by Gmane. If somebody who is following the list that way
posts without using Gmane, though, the individual account is not seen as
a subscriber. No way to tell that, so I consider them unsubscribed-- if
they follow up with a note about following the list some other way, I
*may* remember that in the future....

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Mike Scott on
Barbara Duprey wrote:
> Mike Scott wrote:
>> Barbara Duprey wrote:
>>> By the way, please respond only to the list (discuss(a)openoffice.org),
>>> so others can help as needed.
>>>

>> Unless you cc'd the OP, they won't see any of this anyway.... yet
>> another unsubscribed user. (I don't think they've used gmane.)
>>

> I did copy the OP (as another To:). When I respond to an unsubscribed
> user, as in this case, I generally include a statement at the top that

That's good, except others can't see that you've done this! But they'll
still not receive replies to replies on the list (such as this one)
because people don't realize/care that the OP (a mile off the screen
top) wasn't subscribed. But we keep coming here, no?

--
Mike Scott

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org