From: Michael Gaster on
Hey everyone!
its been over a year since I have posted here, Im glad to see that
most of you are still alive doing well and actually talking about
audio.

I've been meaning to check in and see what was here anymore but just
havent gotten around to it so here I am with a little update as to
what I have been up to...

I moved about a year ago from downtown Savannah to... downtown
Savannah! I'm still doing audio/production work, not nearly as much
though, I've sold all of my gear with the exception to my DM2000, my
40x10x 250' snake system, some processing and my mics and basically
acting as a broker for other sound companies. its a lot less
stressful this way! any one want a great deal on a DM2000 or a snake
system???

....So I have taken a turn in my career and some of you have seen a
little of it coming on from a couple of years ago with my involvement
in governmental affairs and in the political world. Since I've been
heading up various political and community organizations, taking part
in others, leading initiatives against various government bureaucracy,
and was named by the Savannah paper as one of 2009's "people of
impact" labeled as a "bureaucracy buster".

This past February I decided to take it to the next level and launch a
*State* (Georgia) Senatorial campaign, its been quite the experience
thus far and consumes quite a bit of my time, but I know in the end I
will hopefully bring something good to the people in my area and to
everyone in this state.

I hope everyones hearing is still good and your shows send you home
with more than $300.00 at the end of the day!

Michael Gaster
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Michael Gaster" <gasterforus(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey everyone!
> its been over a year since I have posted here, Im glad to see that
> most of you are still alive doing well and actually talking about
> audio.
>
> I've been meaning to check in and see what was here anymore but just
> havent gotten around to it so here I am with a little update as to
> what I have been up to...
>
> I moved about a year ago from downtown Savannah to... downtown
> Savannah! I'm still doing audio/production work, not nearly as much
> though, I've sold all of my gear with the exception to my DM2000, my
> 40x10x 250' snake system, some processing and my mics and basically
> acting as a broker for other sound companies. its a lot less
> stressful this way! any one want a great deal on a DM2000 or a snake
> system???
>
> ...So I have taken a turn in my career and some of you have seen a
> little of it coming on from a couple of years ago with my involvement
> in governmental affairs and in the political world. Since I've been
> heading up various political and community organizations, taking part
> in others, leading initiatives against various government bureaucracy,
> and was named by the Savannah paper as one of 2009's "people of
> impact" labeled as a "bureaucracy buster".
>
> This past February I decided to take it to the next level and launch a
> *State* (Georgia) Senatorial campaign, its been quite the experience
> thus far and consumes quite a bit of my time, but I know in the end I
> will hopefully bring something good to the people in my area and to
> everyone in this state.
>
> I hope everyones hearing is still good and your shows send you home
> with more than $300.00 at the end of the day!
>
> Michael Gaster

Good to hear from you Mike, and I think that anything that shakes upthe
status quo is a positive step, good luck with your political endevors
are you still recording?
I tried a few off list contacts but when they fell flat I let it be
so let us know what things audio have been in your life, why the move
I just moved as well, one week ago, from syracuse tothe Ithaca area
have cut down my trying to get big work and focused on smaller jobs, about
to get the toes wet with creating a performing arts center and get out of
portable sound(I am 2 years into my 5 year plan, that will take 10
years:-) )

So let us in on how your awarness came to be, what obstacles you are
faceing, what sucesses you are haveing and keep well
peace
george