From: John Bowling on
Linux Journal posted an article on Apr 01, 2010 talking about the March
release of 4.4 and how much of an improvement it is over 4.3.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/kde4-it-hurt-did-it-work

I just checked and everything listed for kde in Yast Software management is
4.3.5, and I have both backports and community repositories.

Any idea when it will be available, or is it going to be only available for
11.3?

John
From: David Bolt on
On Sunday 23 May 2010 17:13, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
John Bowling painted this mural:

> Linux Journal posted an article on Apr 01, 2010 talking about the March
> release of 4.4 and how much of an improvement it is over 4.3.
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/kde4-it-hurt-did-it-work
>
> I just checked and everything listed for kde in Yast Software management is
> 4.3.5, and I have both backports and community repositories.
>
> Any idea when it will be available, or is it going to be only available for
> 11.3?

Add the KDE4:Factory:Desktop repo and you can upgrade to it. Repo links
are here:

<http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE%3a/KDE4%3a/Factory%3a/Desktop/openSUSE_11.0/>
<http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE%3a/KDE4%3a/Factory%3a/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1/>
<http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE%3a/KDE4%3a/Factory%3a/Desktop/openSUSE_11.2/>

Personally, I wouldn't bother if you have 11.0 as support for it ends
soon and it's possible that any updates to KDE4.4 will stop just that
bit sooner.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net OGR-NG @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~1Mkeys/s
openSUSE 11.0 32b | | | openSUSE 11.3M4 32b

From: John Bowling on
David Bolt wrote:

> On Sunday 23 May 2010 17:13, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
> John Bowling painted this mural:
>
>> Linux Journal posted an article on Apr 01, 2010 talking about the March
>> release of 4.4 and how much of an improvement it is over 4.3.
>>
>> http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/kde4-it-hurt-did-it-work
>>
>> I just checked and everything listed for kde in Yast Software management
>> is 4.3.5, and I have both backports and community repositories.
>>
>> Any idea when it will be available, or is it going to be only available
>> for 11.3?
>
> Add the KDE4:Factory:Desktop repo and you can upgrade to it. Repo links
> are here:

<http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE%3a/KDE4%3a/Factory%3a/Desktop/openSUSE_11.0/>

<http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE%3a/KDE4%3a/Factory%3a/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1/>

<http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE%3a/KDE4%3a/Factory%3a/Desktop/openSUSE_11.2/>

> Personally, I wouldn't bother if you have 11.0 as support for it ends
> soon and it's possible that any updates to KDE4.4 will stop just that
> bit sooner.
>

> Regards,
> David Bolt

Thanks, I added to the repository list. I'm using 11.2.

John
From: EOS on
John Bowling wrote:

> Thanks, I added to the repository list. I'm using 11.2.
>
> John

if you want test "KDE SC 4.5"
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/UNSTABLE:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.2

beta 1 is coming next week ;-)