From: Grzegorz on
Hello.

Yesterday I managed to instal XP Professional on my computer and from the
begginning I need to deal with some troubles. When I start my computer,
Windows is showing me error message, that could not find the 'koe.exe' file
which should have been placed in Documents and settings (according to this
message). Does anyone know what it is and how can I fix it?

I appreciate any support.

Thank you.

Gregory
From: DL on
Thats not a file that is part of winxp
So did you clean install winxp or upgrade?

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Grzegorz" <Grzegorz(a)discussions.microsoft.com>

| Hello.

| Yesterday I managed to instal XP Professional on my computer and from the
| begginning I need to deal with some troubles. When I start my computer,
| Windows is showing me error message, that could not find the 'koe.exe' file
| which should have been placed in Documents and settings (according to this
| message). Does anyone know what it is and how can I fix it?

| I appreciate any support.

| Thank you.

| Gregory

There should be NO EXE file executing from; C:\Documents and Settings

The chances of a malware infection is high.

Download, install, update and then execute, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Dave

From: philo on
Grzegorz wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Yesterday I managed to instal XP Professional on my computer and from the
> begginning I need to deal with some troubles. When I start my computer,
> Windows is showing me error message, that could not find the 'koe.exe' file
> which should have been placed in Documents and settings (according to this
> message). Does anyone know what it is and how can I fix it?
>
> I appreciate any support.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Gregory

That behavior is very typical of a virus which was deleted by your virus
checker

Run msconfig then see if there is a reference to koe.exe
in the startup tab

uncheck it

reboot

(then check the box in the msconfig dialog that will display)

If you are real lucky that's all you need to do
but I'd run a full virus scan
to be on the safe side
From: Bert Hyman on
In news:uQUxj2ijKHA.2188(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

> From: "Grzegorz" <Grzegorz(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
>
>| Hello.
>
>| Yesterday I managed to instal XP Professional on my computer and from
>| the begginning I need to deal with some troubles. When I start my
>| computer, Windows is showing me error message, that could not find
>| the 'koe.exe' file which should have been placed in Documents and
>| settings (according to this message). Does anyone know what it is and
>| how can I fix it?
>
>| I appreciate any support.
>
>| Thank you.
>
>| Gregory
>
> There should be NO EXE file executing from; C:\Documents and Settings

On the other hand, lots of application installers like to leave archival
copies of themselves in there, sometimes in "Local Settings", sometimes
in "Application Data", sometimes elsewhere. I find everything from
Adobe's "Flash" to Nero7 to Sun's JRE.

So, finding an EXE in there isn't too surprising.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com