From: Kir�ly on
In article <vilain-78BBD3.23504809082010(a)news.individual.net>,
Michael Vilain <vilain(a)NOspamcop.net> wrote:

> It's time to get new slippers.

I think you are right. Coincidentally, yesterday my ISP seems to have
dropped USENET, making my news-server-compiled-into-the-binary copy of
tin less than useful. I got an account with Eternal September and will
start learning MT-Newswatcher.

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.
From: Bob Harris on
In article
<nospam.News.Bob-9D589A.20075709082010(a)reserved-multicast-range-NO
T-delegated.example.com>,
Bob Harris <nospam.News.Bob(a)remove.Smith-Harris.us> wrote:

> In article <isw-3FF2F7.10452809082010@[216.168.3.50]>,
> isw <isw(a)witzend.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <KlV7o.10908$z%6.479(a)edtnps83>,
> > me(a)home.spamsucks.ca (Kir�ly) wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to use the nano editor on my new iMac with 10.6.4. I can't
> > > figure out how to get it to wrap long lines. I have tried what the man
> > > page says to do to set nano to wrap long lines and nothing seems to work;
> > > typing just contunies past the 80 columns of my Terminal window. I
> > > didn't have this problem with 10.5.8.
> > >
> > > Help, anyone?
> >
> > Alternate suggestion: Get "TextWrangler" which is a very nice modern
> > "programmer's editor" and is free. It does word wrapping plus a whole
> > lot more. When you install it, there's an option to tell it to become
> > the default editor from Terminal, so when you type "edit foo" in
> > Terminal, "foo" opens in TextWrangler.
> >
> > Isaac
>
> Also look at Fraise (a Smultron successor) - Snow Leopard or newer
> <http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/24012>
>
> It is much easier to open hidden files than TextWrangler.
> Fraise -> File -> Open Hidden...
>
> TextWrangler is a very good GUI text editor. I've used it for
> years.

Because TextWrangler requires
TextWrangler -> File -> Open Hidden...
Then you have to remember to check the [X] Show Hidden items
And you have to change Enable: to "Everything"

Or at least that is what I had to do, and this is a pain to
explain to an inexperienced user that is afraid of nano, vi, Vim,
emacs, etc...

Fraise just requires the Fraise (or Smultron) -> File -> Open
Hidden... and not extra dialog box explanations.

Besides that, I like TextWrangler.
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kir=E1ly?= on
I finally figured it out. I had to make a .nanorc file with the
following two lines:

unset nowrap
set fill -8

That was it. My ISP has also fired back up their newsserver so I have
tin back too. Feet back in old slippers.

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.