From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
I thought it was odd... but that does not affect the MX servers.

It's better than one of my credit cards. They sent me an email when my statement cut but the message had no url - I copied the domain from the From address and pasted it in the browser - it went to a godaddy domain parking page. The mail comes from 'creditcardonline.com' and the account website is 'creditcard.com'- you'd think they'd promote their/business and link to the correct site, if not redirect to it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Karl Timmermans" <karl(a)claxton.com> wrote in message news:ugftnR01KHA.224(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
Isn't it a tad strange that cfl.rr.com on its own redirects to cfnews13.com versus anything RoadRunner related? Not important - just an idle curiousity question/observation.

Karl

Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
http://www.contactgenie.com
"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" <kenslovak(a)mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23NrV%23iy1KHA.4560(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
cfl.rr.com is the email domain for Road Runner of central Florida. In the Orlando area that domain is supplied by Bright House networks, and emails sent to that domain should reach anyone with a Road Runner account from Bright House there. Bright House is my ISP and I have a number of cfl.rr.com addresses.

I would try sending to one or more of those addresses individually to test to see if that produces the same result, possibly from another email address such as a gmail or hotmail address or some other free email provider.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Karl Timmermans" <karl(a)claxton.com> wrote in message news:u104p1l1KHA.3648(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
cfl.rr.com resolves to a different domain (just enter it into your browser for Central Florida News 13) so may well be that if this is the organization that your contacts belong to - their email addresses have changed.

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
http://www.contactgenie.com
"Jerry" <jerry(a)home> wrote in message news:eLGyLwf1KHA.260(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
I have MS Office 97. I use a Distribution list in Outlook (97) to send out email to about 40 of my contacts. About a dozen of these use a Florida domain with the extension cfl.rr.com

Every time these dozen emails all with the cfl.rr.com are returned from mailer-Daymond(a)bouncehost with the following message.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program. I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out. Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1) I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

Does anyone have even a clue as to why this is happening.

Jerry
From: Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook] on
As Diane said, it doesn't affect the MX servers.

My guess is they send you there because that channel is the Bright House
central Florida news station on their cable network. The actual Bright House
Web site is a completely different location.

Then again, who am I to expect any US cable company to make any sense?

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Its possible they are blocking you as a potential spammer - its easier to detect and reject spammers at this point than it is to accept and filter - because the DL has a lot of names. If you can send to a single address, use mail merge instead of a DL.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email: