From: Jerry on
I have MS Office 97. I use a Distribution list in Outlook (97) to send out email to about 40 of my contacts. About a dozen of these use a Florida domain with the extension cfl.rr.com

Every time these dozen emails all with the cfl.rr.com are returned from mailer-Daymond(a)bouncehost with the following message.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program. I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out. Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1) I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

Does anyone have even a clue as to why this is happening.

Jerry
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
For whatever reason, your mail server can't talk with the rr one. They (rr) may be refusing it or your server had bad DNS information and isn't talking to the correct server. I'm guessing RR is refusing to talk to your mail server.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: Karl Timmermans on
cfl.rr.com resolves to a different domain (just enter it into your browser for Central Florida News 13) so may well be that if this is the organization that your contacts belong to - their email addresses have changed.

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
http://www.contactgenie.com

From: Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook] on
cfl.rr.com is the email domain for Road Runner of central Florida. In the
Orlando area that domain is supplied by Bright House networks, and emails
sent to that domain should reach anyone with a Road Runner account from
Bright House there. Bright House is my ISP and I have a number of cfl.rr.com
addresses.

I would try sending to one or more of those addresses individually to test
to see if that produces the same result, possibly from another email address
such as a gmail or hotmail address or some other free email provider.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]