From: address_is on
Hi

Stupid question I am sure, but is it possible to still make dll's in
vb.net 2008???

And when the dll is compilied is it just a case of copying the dll tothe
client pc or do Ij have to have like an installation setup project to
install it.
From: Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] on
Am 31.05.2010 02:45, schrieb address_is(a)invalid.invalid:
> Stupid question I am sure, but is it possible to still make dll's in
> vb.net 2008???

Sure. Just create a project of type "Class Library". Note that the DLL
file is actually a .NET class library (assembly).

> And when the dll is compilied is it just a case of copying the dll tothe
> client pc or do Ij have to have like an installation setup project to
> install it.

XCopy deployment will work, the DLL doesn't need to be registered. You
can put it into the directory where the executable file resides.

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>