From: shiva on
I created a new Windows Mobile 5.0 targeted Pocket PC application
in Visual Studio 2005, VC++. This appln supports MFC and is a SDI.
I did not add any code.
In the project settings, by default, the character set is
"Use Unicode Character Set". The appln compiles and runs well.

I changed it to "Use Multi-Byte Character Set", now i get a compile
error.
---------------------------------------
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\ce\atlmfc\include\afxv_w32.h(227) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
include file: 'mbctype.h': No such file or directory
---------------------------------------
So i included the folder path
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include"
in tools-->options-->VC++ directories. Then i got error from some other
header file and when i again included some other path, then got another
error for a diff header file and finally some useful error message like
"this header file is incompatible with the target paltform".

Is this MS's problem or my wrong or is there only Unicode support for
WM 5.0 pocket PC applns ???

Thanks for any help.

From: Pierre-Luc on
I have the same problem, anybody know how to solve this??

"shiva" wrote:

> I created a new Windows Mobile 5.0 targeted Pocket PC application
> in Visual Studio 2005, VC++. This appln supports MFC and is a SDI.
> I did not add any code.
> In the project settings, by default, the character set is
> "Use Unicode Character Set". The appln compiles and runs well.
>
> I changed it to "Use Multi-Byte Character Set", now i get a compile
> error.
> ---------------------------------------
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 8\VC\ce\atlmfc\include\afxv_w32.h(227) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
> include file: 'mbctype.h': No such file or directory
> ---------------------------------------
> So i included the folder path
> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include"
> in tools-->options-->VC++ directories. Then i got error from some other
> header file and when i again included some other path, then got another
> error for a diff header file and finally some useful error message like
> "this header file is incompatible with the target paltform".
>
> Is this MS's problem or my wrong or is there only Unicode support for
> WM 5.0 pocket PC applns ???
>
> Thanks for any help.

Pages: 1
Prev: WinCE501bException