From: Bob H on
I have just converted a mdb database in Access 2007 to a mde file, but
now the said database does not work correctly. When I opened up the mde
database, I got a message from Access 2007 saying there was a potential
security concern, and I clicked the ok button to open up the database.
Now the combo box to find records does not function, as when I select a
record from the list, it is not shown on the form.

Thanks
From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Sun, 30 May 2010 18:00:40 +0100, Bob H <bob(a)despammer.com> wrote:

Did you put the database in a Trusted Location (see help file)?

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

From: Bob H on
I added a Trusted Location, then re did? the mde conversion. I don't get
the error message now, but neither does the combo box work as it should
either.

Thanks anyway

From: Bob H on
I have also just converted the mdb database back to an accdb database,
then converted to an accde database. The combo box still does not work
as it should.

Why is this.

Thanks

From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Sun, 30 May 2010 20:58:01 +0100, Bob H <bob(a)despammer.com> wrote:

OK, back to the original problem. You wrote: "when I select a record
from the list, it is not shown on the form".
What do you mean by that? I'm thinking you have a combobox, you drop
down the list, select an item, and the dropdown closes and the item is
shown in the combobox. Correct so far? If not, tell us the rowsource,
columncount, columnwidths, and boundcolumn properties.

Do you have the same problem with a sample database downloaded from
Microsoft?

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I have also just converted the mdb database back to an accdb database,
>then converted to an accde database. The combo box still does not work
>as it should.
>
>Why is this.
>
>Thanks
>
>On 30/05/2010 19:12, Bob H wrote:
>> I added a Trusted Location, then re did? the mde conversion. I don't get
>> the error message now, but neither does the combo box work as it should
>> either.
>>
>> Thanks anyway
>>
>> On 30/05/2010 18:22, Tom van Stiphout wrote:
>>> On Sun, 30 May 2010 18:00:40 +0100, Bob H<bob(a)despammer.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Did you put the database in a Trusted Location (see help file)?
>>>
>>> -Tom.
>>> Microsoft Access MVP

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2