From: Chris Lister on
We have deployed Office 2007 on a SBS 2008 network (64bit) after some
problems converting the ACT data base & associated Excel & Word 2003 document
formats everything seemed to getting along. Yesterday I had a call to say an
Excel spread sheet, converted on the 9th March, had disappeared after a
recent save. The shared spread sheet (located @ \\server1\actshare\documents)
has been used for several days & it appears in the “recently opened” list at
the top of the workbook but when they try to open it they receive a file path
error & when I search the server the file is nowhere to be found. Can anyone
help me with this please?
From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
This isn't a 64-bit issue, and could happen at any point with an office
document saved to a network UNC point. There are any number of possible
causes, including user error as the single most likely cause. But it's also
possible, especially if working on the file from a wirelessly connected
workstation, to have an interruption in network connectivity cause the loss.

The recovery can be accomplished either by restoring a backup or, in some
cases, by finding the temporary file that Office creates while you're
working on the document and renaming it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

"Chris Lister" <ChrisLister(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have deployed Office 2007 on a SBS 2008 network (64bit) after some
> problems converting the ACT data base & associated Excel & Word 2003
> document
> formats everything seemed to getting along. Yesterday I had a call to say
> an
> Excel spread sheet, converted on the 9th March, had disappeared after a
> recent save. The shared spread sheet (located @
> \\server1\actshare\documents)
> has been used for several days & it appears in the “recently opened” list
> at
> the top of the workbook but when they try to open it they receive a file
> path
> error & when I search the server the file is nowhere to be found. Can
> anyone
> help me with this please?

Pages: 1
Prev: 64 bit compilers