From: Carles Costa on
Excuse me Brian,

Motherboard: HP and Compaq SF2/661FX (Snapper):
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c00211786

Processor: Intel Pentium IV 3.20 Ghz/1M/800

From: Jaymon on
Carles,

Hopefully nothing is toasted, disconnect power cord and all cables to your
mini tower, make sure you are grounded, open case..
Take out the cooling fan & CPU and the CMOS battery and let the machine sit
for like 10 min or so, then put back the old CPU & Fan, then put the battery
back in and reconnect the monitor and your power cord , keyboard and mouse
only, no printer, USB, etc..
Turn the computer on and post your results..
You may also need to check the HP site for any BIOS updates or chipset
updates for your make & model #?.. I noticed you have a SiS chipset and not
an Intel chipset, may need an update to work with the new CPU.. You also
should contact HP's customer support and verify that the new CPU is indeed
supported, their reference in your link is vague to say the least, especially
since Intel's CPU renaming campaign..
Hope for the best..
j;-j

From: Brian A on
That mobo is manufactured by ECS:
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?MenuID=16&LanID=0&DetailID=496&DetailName=Specification

Is this the machine it's in?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00284694&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=447098&lang=en

Plus, could you be a bit more specific on the processor you installed.

--

Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
http://basconotw.mvps.org/

Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

From: Carles Costa on
Hi again and thank you very much
I will try to test the motherboard and processor for separate.

I will report you when i have tested them

PD: the PC is not HP, this is an Acer Aspire T310

See you

Carles Costa escribi�:

From: Brian A on
Don't forget to clean off and use new Thermal Paste for the heatsink and CPU, you
want a not too thick/thin layer between the two for proper cooling of the CPU.