From: Carles Costa on
Hi everybody,
first of all, excuse me for my english. I'm catalan and I will try that
you understand me

I have a P IV 3,2 which doesn't turn on.
Few Days ago, I kept out all components and I changed the processor for
another and I listened the 'beep' of the motherboard.

I thought that the processor was wrong and I searched to buy one of new,
but I didn't find this type of processor (P IV 3.2/114/800). When I
tried to turn on another time the computer to know which processor was
compatible with its motherboard, some problems ocurred and didn't turn on.

What can it hapen?

Thanks
From: Brian A on
What is the:
Motherboard manufacturer/make/model
Processor manufacturer/make/model

Also you can look up the BIOS beep codes here: http://bioscentral.com/

Select your BIOS from the third list down on the right.

--

Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
http://basconotw.mvps.org/

Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

From: Carles Costa on
Ok, I think I understand, but now, there is any 'beep'

Few days ago, When I changed the processor, in first time i listened a
'beep', but i don't remember which type. I think was one 'beep' so,
there was no error, but today, when i've tried again, don't turn on and
there is any 'beep'

Thanks

Brian A escribi�:

From: Eric on
If you put in a different CPU, check your motherboard manual. You might
need to change a jumper... assuming the motherboard accepts that CPU.

From: Brian A on
Again, what is the: