From: Maratonmannen on

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_197.13_whql.html

--
Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro
Core™ 2 Extreme X6800
2 x VelociRaptor RAID 0
8GB DDR2 800MHz
GeForce 8800GTX
Eizo 30" 2560x1600
XP x64 SP2 - Vista x64 SP2 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 in tripleboot
From: Carlos on
Almost simultaneously, ATI released their March set of drivers for graphic
cards.
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx
Version 10.3 is out.
Carlos

From: James Kosin on
On 3/25/2010 11:43 AM, Maratonmannen wrote:

> http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_197.13_whql.html

Are they sure this one isn't going to follow the same path as the last
and cause any hardware issues.... like flames coming out of the computer
case?

I'll wait a bit for the fallout before upgrading this time.

James
From: Carlos on
James,
I agree with you that there's no need to install these kind of drivers (both
NVidia and ATI) as soon as they come out, though I am usually tempted to do
so.
:)
90% of the changes in each release is focused in squeezing out +0.04% on
games and +0.1% on benchmarks.
Just check NVidia "Release Highlights" and it will come clear.
No real benefits for the real user.
:)
Carlos

From: Tom Lake on

"James Kosin" <jkosin(a)intcomgrp.com> wrote in message
> On 3/25/2010 11:43 AM, Maratonmannen wrote:
>>
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_197.13_whql.html
>>

> Are they sure this one isn't going to follow the same path as the last
> and cause any hardware issues.... like flames coming out of the computer
> case?
>
> I'll wait a bit for the fallout before upgrading this time.
>
> James

The same driver has been out since a couple days after the
discovery of the fan problem. The only difference is that
it just got its certification. It's well-tested, though.

Tom Lake