From: dan on
Hi All,

I am very much new to grid control.
We have set a alert for tablespace usage as 85% and 97%.
When the tablespace get full we do not receive any alert.
I have done the setting for tablespace usage by following the below
steps.

Select the Database you like to set this alert for
Select link Metrics and Policy Settings
Look for Metric "Tablespace Space Available (%)" and set the right
percentage for warning or critical alert.
Press OK.

Could you please let me know why i am getting an alert the setting
threshold metrics for the same?
please let me know if i am doing anything wrong or i need to follow
some more steps?

Thanks
From: John Hurley on
On Mar 27, 7:27 am, dan <daniesh.sha...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> I am very much new to grid control.
> We have set a alert for tablespace usage as 85% and 97%.
> When the tablespace get full we do not receive any alert.
> I have done the setting for tablespace usage by following the below
> steps.
>
> Select the Database you like to set this alert for
> Select link Metrics and Policy Settings
> Look for Metric "Tablespace Space Available (%)" and set the right
> percentage for warning or critical alert.
> Press OK.
>
> Could you please let me know why i am getting an alert the setting
> threshold metrics for the same?
> please let me know if i am doing anything wrong or i need to follow
> some more steps?
>
> Thanks

Have you tested your alerting configuration?

Can you get alerts for other things? ( For example It is pretty easy
to setup 2 sessions that block each other for example for some period
of time ).
From: dan on
On Mar 28, 9:22 pm, John Hurley <hurleyjo...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mar 27, 7:27 am, dan <daniesh.sha...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> snip
>

> > I am very much new to grid control.
> > We have set a alert for tablespace usage as 85% and 97%.
> > When the tablespace get full we do not receive any alert.
> > I have done the setting for tablespace usage by following the below
> > steps.
>
> > Select the Database you like to set this alert for
> > Select link Metrics and Policy Settings
> > Look for Metric "Tablespace Space Available (%)" and set the right
> > percentage for warning or critical alert.
> > Press OK.
>
> > Could you please let me know why i am getting an alert the setting
> > threshold metrics for the same?
> > please let me know if i am doing anything wrong or i need to follow
> > some more steps?
>
> > Thanks
>
> Have you tested your alerting configuration?
>
> Can you get alerts for other things?  ( For example It is pretty easy
> to setup 2 sessions that block each other for example for some period
> of time ).

hi
thanks for the reply.
yes we are getting for the others like when archive destination get
full.