From: Bobt on
I am using 7.1 ... all of a sudden when I try and open it I get the
error message about file descmap.pce
access permission denied. File may be marked as read only or locked.
(13) ...
Does anyone know why. ANy help is appreciated ..
Thanks,
Bobt

From: Han on
"Bobt" <Inforebco(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:1162088045.163373.77730
@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I am using 7.1 ... all of a sudden when I try and open it I get the
> error message about file descmap.pce
> access permission denied. File may be marked as read only or locked.
> (13) ...
> Does anyone know why. ANy help is appreciated ..
> Thanks,
> Bobt

You'll have to search for that file and make sure it is not (accidentally)
marked read-only. Just uncheck that in the file's properties.

I think that's it ...

--
Best regards
Han
From: Bobt on
I opened the file and it was NOT read only marked. Any other
suggestions ?
Thanks

From: Han on
"Bobt" <Inforebco(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:1162122492.539823.182260
@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I opened the file and it was NOT read only marked. Any other
> suggestions ?
> Thanks

The only other possibility (I think) is that you have changed the
permissions/security settings, but why that would only affect the
descmap.pce file, I don't know. It is just a text file, and you can look
at it with notepad. Whether you should make changes is another thing.

With Eudora off (not running at all, exit the application), you could
rename the file to somthing else (descmap.old for instance). In my test it
was regenerated when I next started Eudora, with apparently no ill effects.

--
Best regards
Han
From: Bobt on
I tried renaming and that did not work. This is very annoying and
renders Eudora useless to me. Maybe its my time to go to gmail after
many years on Eudora.
It is impossible to open this program.
Thanks everyone for the help.
Bobt