From: mjt on
What's up with the openSUSE wiki site?

Whenever I select a hyperlink at http://software.opensuse.org,
which would lead me to some page at http://en.opensuse.org,
a webpage is displayed, but it always reads as:

"There is currently no text in this page. You can search
for this page title in other pages ..."
(Example: http://en.opensuse.org/Download_Help)

Pretty much all the various pages read like that. Are
they "transitioning" the pages?

Whoa ... look what I came across on the "Portal:11.3" page.
Have I stepped into the future somehow?

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad261/myswtest/suse113.jpg

"It was released on Thursday, July 15th..." ... but it's
only Monday, the 12th.

--
Finish the sentence below in 25 words or less:
"Love is what you feel just before you give someone a good ..."

From: David Bolt on
On Monday 12 Jul 2010 21:10, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
mjt painted this mural:

> What's up with the openSUSE wiki site?
>
> Whenever I select a hyperlink at http://software.opensuse.org,
> which would lead me to some page at http://en.opensuse.org,
> a webpage is displayed, but it always reads as:
>
> "There is currently no text in this page. You can search
> for this page title in other pages ..."
> (Example: http://en.opensuse.org/Download_Help)
>
> Pretty much all the various pages read like that. Are
> they "transitioning" the pages?

The wiki has been being updated, pages brought up to standard, etc.
with the new content on wiki.opensuse.org. The contents of that were
supposed to be being moved back to en.opensuse.org today so it could
be that they're in the process of moving them back and the pages aren't
yet in place.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net
| | openSUSE 11.3RC2 32b |

From: David Bolt on
On Monday 12 Jul 2010 22:20, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
houghi painted this mural:

> David Bolt wrote:
>> The wiki has been being updated, pages brought up to standard, etc.
>> with the new content on wiki.opensuse.org. The contents of that were
>> supposed to be being moved back to en.opensuse.org today so it could
>> be that they're in the process of moving them back and the pages aren't
>> yet in place.
>
> And that is something that should not have happend. Not so close to a
> new release. Oh well. I hardly used it anyway anymore, so perhaps in a
> few weeks it is usable again.

Personally, I think it was a silly idea and should have either been
done a couple of weeks ago, or put off until at least a few weeks after
the new release. However, it's being/been done and so it's a bit late
to do much about it. However, a quick peek at the opensuse-announce
mailing list did show a posting about the transfer, and requests for
any missing pages be transferred to the new wiki. The old pages are
still there, but you'll need to use this link to get to them:

<http://old-en.opensuse.org/>

Regards,
David Bolt

From: mjt on
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 22:45:23 +0100
David Bolt <blacklist-me(a)davjam.org> wrote:

> The old pages are
> still there, but you'll need to use this link to get to them:
>
> <http://old-en.opensuse.org/>

Thanks David. I was after the "Mirrors" page, which I
use occasionally use to get to the "master" mirror list.

http://old-en.opensuse.org/Mirrors ... leading to:
http://mirrors.opensuse.org/

I know I know, "why don't you have it bookmarked?" I like
to do things the hard way. Anyway, it's bookmarked now :)

Funny no one commented on the "11.3" page I caught.

--
Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.
<<< Remove YOURSHOES to email me >>>

From: WLS on
houghi wrote:
> mjt wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 22:45:23 +0100
>> David Bolt<blacklist-me(a)davjam.org> wrote:
>>
>>> The old pages are
>>> still there, but you'll need to use this link to get to them:
>>>
>>> <http://old-en.opensuse.org/>
>>
>> Thanks David. I was after the "Mirrors" page, which I
>> use occasionally use to get to the "master" mirror list.
>
> Thanks indeed. For those who want to point people to whatever page, It
> is worse then I thought. When you now go to software.opensuse.org and
> then click on any of the pages giving more information, you get to a
> page that says there is no information available.
>
> Just look at the right side and click on any of the "getting help"
> pages. I certainly hope there will be working links on the 11.3 page
> once it is out.
>
> houghi

You really should read the weekly news articles.

http://news.opensuse.org/2010/07/09/opensuse-wiki-change-scheduled/

and check the news once and awhile

http://news.opensuse.org/

Not a surprise to me that the wiki was changing. The forums also
recently changed.

Regards
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2