From: Dan on
I have a similar problem ALL OF A SUDDEN.
I created some new .doc files as I always do, and tried to insert attach them to an email as I always do in OUTLOOK EXPRESS.
Outlook express all of a sudden doesn't show the file.
I see what I have saved IN word, but when I try to attach it, it isn't there.
The old files are, and everything I created before today.
WHAT HAPPENED??????/

Gig wrote:

Suddenly can't attach documents
25-Jul-08

All of a sudden I am unable to attach documents (.doc) in Outlook 2003 (using
the paper clip tool); I use Windows XP Pro. I am able to attach the documents
into e-mail when I use my Web-based e-mail. The problem likely has something
to do with Outlook attaching the files as .lnk extensions. When I tried to
send the files as an e-mail attachment directly from Word by clicking on
"send to ..." there was a message in the e-mail that was generated saying
that Outlook did not send the message because it contained a harmful
attachment, and I noticed that the attachment I was trying to send had the
..lnk attachment.

My web-based e-mail is attaching and sending the documents as .doc files.

I have no idea why this is suddenly occuring; can anyone help?

On Friday, July 25, 2008 11:53 PM
Gig wrote:

Suddenly can't attach documents
All of a sudden I am unable to attach documents (.doc) in Outlook 2003 (using
the paper clip tool); I use Windows XP Pro. I am able to attach the documents
into e-mail when I use my Web-based e-mail. The problem likely has something
to do with Outlook attaching the files as .lnk extensions. When I tried to
send the files as an e-mail attachment directly from Word by clicking on
"send to ..." there was a message in the e-mail that was generated saying
that Outlook did not send the message because it contained a harmful
attachment, and I noticed that the attachment I was trying to send had the
..lnk attachment.

My web-based e-mail is attaching and sending the documents as .doc files.

I have no idea why this is suddenly occuring; can anyone help?

On Saturday, July 26, 2008 1:52 PM
Diane Poremsky {MVP} wrote:

Well, unfortunately, how it works a browser has nothing to do with how it
Well, unfortunately, how it works a browser has nothing to do with how it
works in a client. Are you attaching the document or a shortcut to the
document? If you don't use details view, its sometimes hard to tell for
sure.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request(a)lists.outlooktips.net

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST(a)PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Gigi" <Gigi(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Write an ASP Event Log Viewer Using WMI
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5f6a9f08-96d8-45cf-ba5e-92a1a1c59c12/write-an-asp-event-log-vi.aspx