From: Gina Whipp on
If Access is open it should appear in the Task Manager, so...

1. Is the front end located on their machine and the back end on a Server?
2. Are any users sharing front ends?
3. What kind of network?

--
Gina Whipp

II

"inungh" <inungh(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Sep 23, 3:34 pm, "Gina Whipp" <NotInteres...(a)InViruses.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > printer.http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ms+access+2003+can%27t+print&aq=...
>
> > And while Access is Access it can easily be reacting differently per
> > machine. So on each machine is there a default printer? When you open
> > Access can you actually see the default printer?
>
> > I would also uncheck Track Name Auto Correct and Compact on Close, just
> > because... I would also want to make sure the network printer drivers
> > are
> > up to date. AND while you're at it, is every machine on the same SP
> > version.
>
> > --
> > Gina Whipp
>
> > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
> > Tremors
> > II
>
> >http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> > "inungh" <inu...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Sep 23, 1:52 pm, "Gina Whipp" <NotInteres...(a)InViruses.com> wrote:
>
> > > Oops, wasn't clear... that would be the printer. There is nothing in
> > > Access
> > > or the Registry that says 'Stop after 18 pages', that is why looking
> > > at
> > > other options. I would also check that Access has a default printer
> > > assigned.
>
> > > --
> > > Gina Whipp
>
> > > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
> > > Tremors
> > > II
>
> > >http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> > > "inungh" <inu...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Removing and reinstalling MS Access or printer?
> > > It works on my computer, but some users can not print more than 18
> > > pages.
> > > There are many computers can not print. If MS Access corrupted then it
> > > is not normal to have many computers have same issue.
>
> > > It looks like users do not have proper rights on some where registry.
> > > I am looking for some thing in registry for MS Access or printer that
> > > limit users to print only 18 pages and less.- Hide quoted text -

> > Thanks, Understood,
> > I tried to look for printer setup.
> > There is no printer setup to limit pages either.
>
> > Default printer should base on Windows setup. Am I right?
> > Yes, there is default printer on the Windows, but some computers can
> > printer on either printers.
> > If it is printer issue then should every one can not print the same
> > printer.
>
> > It is a really strange behavior of MS Access report.
> > I never seen it before.
>
> > Thanks again,- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks for the message,
> I will check users machines for this.
> The issue is users can print, but not more than 18 pages which means
> users machine may access the printer.
>
> The application frozen even can not preview if the document is 18
> pages and more.
>
> Thanks millions for helping and information,- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for helping,
Understood, I need find a way to prove that it is the printer.

After I checked users' machines and realize that the MS Access does
not appear on the task manager that can not print more than 18 pages.
If the applicaiton appears on the task manager then is able to print.

Does this make any meaning to you?

Thanks again,

From: inungh on
On Sep 24, 9:22 am, "Gina Whipp" <NotInteres...(a)InViruses.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > > printer.
>
> > > It is a really strange behavior of MS Access report.
> > > I never seen it before.
>
> > > Thanks again,- Hide quoted text -

> > Thanks for the message,
> > I will check users machines for this.
> > The issue is users can print, but not more than 18 pages which means
> > users machine may access the printer.
>
> > The application frozen even can not preview if the document is 18
> > pages and more.
>
> > Thanks millions for helping and information,- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks for helping,
> Understood, I need find a way to prove that it is the printer.
>
> After I checked users' machines and realize that the MS Access does
> not appear on the task manager that can not print more than 18 pages.
> If the applicaiton appears on the task manager then is able to print.

1. Yes
2. No
3. LAN

MS Access shows on the process tab, but it does not show in the
application tab.
From: Gina Whipp on
No issues, there... I admit this is completely new to me. I have never had
that happen but then again never had Access not print reports over 18
pages...

1. Make and model of the printer?

2. How many users of the Access database?

Other things to check...

The machines where it does not show in the Applications tab...

A. Do those users have full permissions to the folder where the backend
resides?

Also found this, kind of old but might give you some ideas...

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general/browse_thread/thread/a72cc3d50a73e693/6af050b7cc16a286%236af050b7cc16a286

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistaie/thread/e6682717-5e5d-4f81-b081-0a4e7e84828b

From: inungh on
On Sep 24, 10:33 am, "Gina Whipp" <NotInteres...(a)InViruses.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > > I will check users machines for this.
> > > The issue is users can print, but not more than 18 pages which means
> > > users machine may access the printer.
>
> > > The application frozen even can not preview if the document is 18
> > > pages and more.
>
> > > Thanks millions for helping and information,- Hide quoted text -

> > Thanks for helping,
> > Understood, I need find a way to prove that it is the printer.
>
> > After I checked users' machines and realize that the MS Access does
> > not appear on the task manager that can not print more than 18 pages.
> > If the applicaiton appears on the task manager then is able to print.
>
> > Does this make any meaning to you?
>
> > Thanks again,- Hide quoted text -

> 1. Yes
> 2. No
> 3. LAN
>
> MS Access shows on the process tab, but it does not show in the

Thanks millions again,

From: Gina Whipp on
Does this reply mean you found the solution?