From: Charles on
I did a system recovery on my pc an now i cant do anything, a pop up come's
up at the main screen an it says (CODE PURPLE) I CANT CLOSE THE POP UP. or do
anything else but turn my pc off. please help me any won.
From: Shenan Stanley on
Charles wrote:
> I did a system recovery on my pc an now i cant do anything, a pop
> up come's up at the main screen an it says (CODE PURPLE) I CANT
> CLOSE THE POP UP. or do anything else but turn my pc off. please
> help me any won.

What is a "system recovery" in your words?

It actually says "Code Purple"?

Have you checked with the manufacturer/reseller of your computer?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: db on
if you mean a system restore
point, then it is likely infected;

if you are saying that code
purple is an infection.

--
db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Tim Jackson on
"Charles" <pksports09(a)aol.com> wrote in message

> I did a system recovery on my pc an now i cant do anything, a pop up
> come's
> up at the main screen an it says (CODE PURPLE) I CANT CLOSE THE POP UP. or
> do
> anything else but turn my pc off. please help me any won.

Is the PC a Compaq or HP?

Google "hp compaq code purple" (without the quotes) will give you many
results including some with suggested solutions.

From: Jose on
On Jan 26, 7:25 am, Charles <pksport...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> I did a system recovery on my pc an now i cant do anything, a pop up come's
> up at the main screen an it says (CODE PURPLE) I CANT CLOSE THE POP UP. or do
> anything else but turn my pc off.  please help me any won.

After a Compaq System Restore using factory media, restarting there is
a message box titled System Configuration Error a bunch of text
telling you to cycle the power and the message ends with Code Purple
in parenthesis.

(Code Purple)

The OK or X buttons just cycle the error message.

Here is part 3 of a youtube video that shows you how to bypass the
configuration check:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6yZCRT0Yzs&feature=related

View parts 1 and 2 to be sure that part 3 will be a solution for you.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: System restore big problem
Next: msconfig