From: Dudley Hanks on

"Mr. Strat" <rag(a)nospam.techline.com> wrote in message
> In article <otOwn.1470$z%6.181(a)edtnps83>, Dudley Hanks
> <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:
>
>> Will be visiting Oregon this summer. Wondering if anybody has tips as to
>> photogenic areas of the State?
>
> Multnomah Falls if you're going through the Gorge...Haystack Rock at
> Cannon Beach on the coast...it's a big state and lots to see.

Yeah, Cannon Beach comes highly recommended by a friend, so we'll look for
Haystack Rock when we get there.

According to Jim, the beaches of Oregon are hard to beat -- even if you go
to Hawaii ...

Take Care,
Dudley

From: Pat on

"Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message
> Will be visiting Oregon this summer. Wondering if anybody has tips as to
> photogenic areas of the State?
>
> Thanks,
> Dudley

Oregon probably has more covered bridges then any other state. Mostly
located between Salem and Eugene.
Silver Falls Park east of Salem is a great hike with many waterfalls.
Near Multnomah Falls there is a chunk of old highway with some great
waterfalls and hikes.
Oregon has a wonderfully scenic coast with a major highway running full
length. Many lighthouses.
The redwoods near the California border.
Oregon Caves.
Crater Lake is wonderful on a clear day.
Portland is very scenic with two major rivers running thru it. Great zoo.
Plenty of wildlife to photograph. There is a state park on the north end of
Canon beach that is great for eagles.

From: tony cooper on
On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:38:20 -0700, "Pat" <dancing(a)online.mac> wrote:

>"Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message
>> Will be visiting Oregon this summer. Wondering if anybody has tips as to
>> photogenic areas of the State?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dudley
>>

>Oregon probably has more covered bridges then any other state.

Pennsylvania holds that honor. Vermont has the most per square mile.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Pat on

"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:38:20 -0700, "Pat" <dancing(a)online.mac> wrote:
>

>>"Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message
>>> Will be visiting Oregon this summer. Wondering if anybody has tips as
>>> photogenic areas of the State?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Dudley
>>>

>>Oregon probably has more covered bridges then any other state.
>
> Pennsylvania holds that honor. Vermont has the most per square mile.
>
> --
> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

You are right. Oregon claims largest in the west. Here is a link
http://www.oregon.com/covered_bridges

From: Dudley Hanks on

"Pat" <dancing(a)online.mac> wrote in message

> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message
>> Will be visiting Oregon this summer. Wondering if anybody has tips as to
>> photogenic areas of the State?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dudley
>>

> Oregon probably has more covered bridges then any other state. Mostly
> located between Salem and Eugene.
> Silver Falls Park east of Salem is a great hike with many waterfalls.
> Near Multnomah Falls there is a chunk of old highway with some great
> waterfalls and hikes.
> Oregon has a wonderfully scenic coast with a major highway running full
> length. Many lighthouses.
> The redwoods near the California border.
> Oregon Caves.
> Crater Lake is wonderful on a clear day.
> Portland is very scenic with two major rivers running thru it. Great zoo.
> Plenty of wildlife to photograph. There is a state park on the north end
> of Canon beach that is great for eagles.

Thanks, Pat, appreciate the info a lot.

My wife really likes covered bridges, so we'll definitely have to check
those out.

Take Care,
Dudley