From: Rene Bartholomay on
Am 21.08.09 16:34, schrieb Elizabeth M Smith:
> Niel Archer wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> i switch to PHP5.3 and now PSPELL is no more working. I read the docu
>>> and found that i must use PHP_Enchant from now.
>>>
>>> But everytime i try to use is PHP gets an error:
>>>
>>> "Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_enchant.dll' - The
>>> specified module could not be found"
>>>
>>> All other extension are loaded. The extension is in the defined
>>> extension-dir and the settings in php.ini are ok.
>>
>> Where did you get the extension file? The enchant extension is not
>> supplied with PHP 5.3. It is available from PECL according to its
>> documentation, but as no windows versions of these extensions have been
>> available since PHP 5.2.7 or so. Any version you have is probably
>> incorrect unless you compiled it yourself.
>>
>>> I run PHP on Windows XP Prof... Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Bye..
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Niel Archer
>>

> Actually that is incorrect - enchant is available for PHP 5.3 on windows
> but ONLY for the version compiled with VC9 - it is NOT available and
> cannot be used with VC6 (and so mod_php with apache)
>
> there is a libenchant.dll included in the distribution that PHP must be
> able to find - easy way to do this is to put your PHP folder in your
> windows PATH
>
> Thanks,
> Elizabeth Smith

The PHP-Folder is in the windows PATH of the machine. I try everything:

- put the libenchant.dll in the folders C:\, C:\Windows and
C:\Windows\system32
- put the extension to the end of the extension list in php.ini
(dependencies!?)
- try the snapshot PHP5.3 and a older PHP5.3 RCn
- try another machine

Nothing works. The error is everytime the same:

"Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_enchant.dll' - The
specified module could not be found"

In my opinion the extension-file is corrupt... Or something is missing.
The error message is not clear...

Or did anyone this run on windows without errors?

Bye, Ren�

From: Niel Archer on
> Niel Archer wrote:
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> i switch to PHP5.3 and now PSPELL is no more working. I read the docu
> >> and found that i must use PHP_Enchant from now.
> >>
> >> But everytime i try to use is PHP gets an error:
> >>
> >> "Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_enchant.dll' - The
> >> specified module could not be found"
> >>
> >> All other extension are loaded. The extension is in the defined
> >> extension-dir and the settings in php.ini are ok.
> >
> > Where did you get the extension file? The enchant extension is not
> > supplied with PHP 5.3. It is available from PECL according to its
> > documentation, but as no windows versions of these extensions have been
> > available since PHP 5.2.7 or so. Any version you have is probably
> > incorrect unless you compiled it yourself.
> >
> >> I run PHP on Windows XP Prof... Any ideas?
> >>
> >> Bye..
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Niel Archer
> >

> Actually that is incorrect - enchant is available for PHP 5.3 on windows
> but ONLY for the version compiled with VC9 - it is NOT available and
> cannot be used with VC6 (and so mod_php with apache)

Thanks for the further info. I have not used the VC9 builds at all, so
was unaware of that.

> there is a libenchant.dll included in the distribution that PHP must be
> able to find - easy way to do this is to put your PHP folder in your
> windows PATH

Hopefully I'm just too tired, but I can't parse the first half of this.
I assume you are referring to VC9 builds only.

> Thanks,
> Elizabeth Smith

Niel Archer

From: Richard Quadling on
2009/8/22 Niel Archer <not(a)chance.now>:

>> > Where did you get the extension file?  The enchant extension is not
>> > supplied with PHP 5.3. It is available from PECL according to its
>> > documentation, but as no windows versions of these extensions have been
>> > available since PHP 5.2.7 or so. Any version you have is probably
>> > incorrect unless you compiled it yourself.

>> > --
>> > Niel Archer
>> >

>> Actually that is incorrect - enchant is available for PHP 5.3 on windows
>> but ONLY for the version compiled with VC9 - it is NOT available and
>> cannot be used with VC6 (and so mod_php with apache)
>
> Thanks for the further info. I have not used the VC9 builds at all, so
> was unaware of that.
>
>> there is a libenchant.dll included in the distribution that PHP must be
>> able to find - easy way to do this is to put your PHP folder in your
>> windows PATH
>
> Hopefully I'm just too tired, but I can't parse the first half of this.
> I assume you are referring to VC9 builds only.
>
>> Thanks,
>> Elizabeth Smith
>>
>> --

> Niel Archer

php_enchant is only available with the VC9 builds and requires
external libraries.

According to depends.exe, they are :

libenchant.dll (supplied as part of the VC9 build).

and

libglib-2.0.0.dll
libgmodule-2.0.0.dll

which come from http://www.abisource.com/projects/enchant/

AFAICT, you will need to compile these libraries yourself. See the
quote from [1] below.

"Getting Enchant

You can get Enchant from AbiWord's SVN. Instructions for how to use
AbiWord's anonsvn can be found here:
http://www.abisource.com/developers. The module's name is "enchant".

Alternately, you can download Enchant 1.5.0 [2] (May 23, 2009). Older
versions are still available here [3].

You can browse the Enchant source online from:
http://www.abisource.com/viewvc/enchant/trunk/. Enchant's public API
can be found here. Enchant's provider plugin API can be found here.
Enchant's C++ API can be found here."

Regards,

Richard Quadling.

[1] http://www.abisource.com/projects/enchant/#download
[2] http://www.abisource.com/downloads/enchant/1.5.0/enchant-1.5.0.tar.gz
[3] http://www.abisource.com/downloads/enchant/
--
-----
Richard Quadling
From: Rene Bartholomay on
i can´t believe that i am the only one person who needs this. Please
send me a Mail when somebody has run this combination whithout the
described errors...

So i go back to PHP 5.2.x - PHP 5.3 is unusable for me...

really disappointed...

From: Richard Quadling on
2009/8/24 Rene Bartholomay <rene.bartholomay(a)gmx.de>:
> i can´t believe that i am the only one person who needs this. Please send me
> a Mail when somebody has run this combination whithout the described
> errors...
>
> So i go back to PHP 5.2.x  - PHP 5.3 is unusable for me...
>
> really disappointed...

Have you tried building the external libraries?

--
-----