From: Richard Quadling on
2009/8/25 Michael Tacelosky <tacman(a)gmail.com>:
> No, that's the problem, I don't want to install the compiler and such.
>  I keep hoping that http://pecl4win.php.net/ will come back, it was a
> great resource.
>
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 4:42 AM, Richard
> Quadling<rquadling(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
>> 2009/8/24 Rene Bartholomay <rene.bartholomay(a)gmx.de>:
>>> i can´t believe that i am the only one person who needs this. Please send me
>>> a Mail when somebody has run this combination whithout the described
>>> errors...
>>>
>>> So i go back to PHP 5.2.x  - PHP 5.3 is unusable for me...
>>>
>>> really disappointed...
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> Have you tried building the external libraries?
>>

>> --
>> -----
>> Richard Quadling
>> "Standing on the shoulders of some very clever giants!"
>> EE : http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_248814.html
>> Zend Certified Engineer : http://zend.com/zce.php?c=ZEND002498&r=213474731
>> ZOPA : http://uk.zopa.com/member/RQuadling
>>
>> --

Now that VC9 is the official MS compiler version, you still have TS vs
NTS. You also need HEAD/PHP53/PHP52. So for the current 227 extensions
in pecl, that results in a 1,362 builds. Now, if other compilers ARE
needed (older Apache must have VC6), then that double to 2,724. Oh. I
forgot x64, so 5,448 builds.

That's a LOT of processing. In addition, there may be branches within
the extension itself.

No matter how you look at it, there is a lot of work to do.

Got some time to help out? :-)

--
-----
Richard Quadling
From: Rene Bartholomay on
Am 25.08.09 10:42, schrieb Richard Quadling:

> Have you tried building the external libraries?

no, i am not firm enough to build php complete. Perhaps you can make a
running php_enchant.dll?

Bye, René
From: Michael Tacelosky on
What does that mean "older Apache"? I'm using what I think is the
latest build of Apache, and it's MUCH easier to replace my apache
installation than compile PHP or pecl extensions.

I suspect many people who need PHP for Windows do so mostly for their
development environment, then upload the code to Linux boxes for
production. I can live without thread-safe extensions, I can upgrade
Apache, but some extensions are critical (namely http_get). Since
they've always been available with each PHP upgrade, it's never been a
problem, I've always grabbed the pecl zip file the same time I grabbed
the PHP zip file, and treated it as a two-step install. (if PEAR were
periodically zipped up or available in svn, I would probably use it as
well, as it is I find PEAR terribly difficult to use).

I guess I had assumed that compiling the extensions was done in a big
batch. If I had 5.3 extensions available, I'd gladly share them. (I
paid for the development of php_swish.dll, and then had it added to
the pecl repository,but alas, I never compiled it myself).

Tac

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Richard

From: Richard Quadling on
2009/8/20 Rene Bartholomay <rene.bartholomay(a)gmx.de>:
> Hi there,
>
> i switch to PHP5.3 and now PSPELL is no more working. I read the docu and
> found that i must use PHP_Enchant from now.
>
> But everytime i try to use is PHP gets an error:
>
> "Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_enchant.dll' - The specified
> module could not be found"
>
> All other extension are loaded. The extension is in the defined
> extension-dir and the settings in php.ini are ok.
>
> I run PHP on Windows XP Prof...   Any ideas?
>
> Bye..

I've just updated the documentation for this. May take a couple of
hours before http://docs.php.net/manual/en/enchant.requirements.php
gets updated.

--
-----
Richard Quadling
From: Richard Quadling on
2009/8/25 Richard Quadling <rquadling(a)googlemail.com>:
> 2009/8/20 Rene Bartholomay <rene.bartholomay(a)gmx.de>:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> i switch to PHP5.3 and now PSPELL is no more working. I read the docu and
>> found that i must use PHP_Enchant from now.
>>
>> But everytime i try to use is PHP gets an error:
>>
>> "Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_enchant.dll' - The specified
>> module could not be found"
>>
>> All other extension are loaded. The extension is in the defined
>> extension-dir and the settings in php.ini are ok.
>>
>> I run PHP on Windows XP Prof...   Any ideas?
>>
>> Bye..
>>
>> --
>>

> I've just updated the documentation for this. May take a couple of
> hours before http://docs.php.net/manual/en/enchant.requirements.php
> gets updated.
>

> --
> -----
> Richard Quadling
> "Standing on the shoulders of some very clever giants!"
> EE : http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_248814.html
> Zend Certified Engineer : http://zend.com/zce.php?c=ZEND002498&r=213474731
> ZOPA : http://uk.zopa.com/member/RQuadling

Enchant also requires » Glib 2.6 or greater. Pre-compiled Windows
libraries are available from »
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/glib/.

--
-----