From: Rene Bartholomay on
Hi there,

i switch to PHP5.3 and now PSPELL is no more working. I read the docu
and found that i must use PHP_Enchant from now.

But everytime i try to use is PHP gets an error:

"Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_enchant.dll' - The
specified module could not be found"

All other extension are loaded. The extension is in the defined
extension-dir and the settings in php.ini are ok.

I run PHP on Windows XP Prof... Any ideas?

Bye..
From: "klaus triendl" on
"Rene Bartholomay" <rene.bartholomay(a)gmx.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi there,
>
> i switch to PHP5.3 and now PSPELL is no more working. I read the docu and
> found that i must use PHP_Enchant from now.
>
> But everytime i try to use is PHP gets an error:
>
> "Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_enchant.dll' - The
> specified module could not be found"
>
> All other extension are loaded. The extension is in the defined
> extension-dir and the settings in php.ini are ok.

Does the module depend on other DLLs?

Klaus Triendl

From: Niel Archer on
> Hi there,
>
> i switch to PHP5.3 and now PSPELL is no more working. I read the docu
> and found that i must use PHP_Enchant from now.
>
> But everytime i try to use is PHP gets an error:
>
> "Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_enchant.dll' - The
> specified module could not be found"
>
> All other extension are loaded. The extension is in the defined
> extension-dir and the settings in php.ini are ok.

Where did you get the extension file? The enchant extension is not
supplied with PHP 5.3. It is available from PECL according to its
documentation, but as no windows versions of these extensions have been
available since PHP 5.2.7 or so. Any version you have is probably
incorrect unless you compiled it yourself.

> I run PHP on Windows XP Prof... Any ideas?
>
> Bye..

Niel Archer

From: Richard Quadling on
2009/8/21 klaus triendl <k.triendl(a)m-box.at>

> "Rene Bartholomay" <rene.bartholomay(a)gmx.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hi there,
> >
> > i switch to PHP5.3 and now PSPELL is no more working. I read the docu and
> > found that i must use PHP_Enchant from now.
> >
> > But everytime i try to use is PHP gets an error:
> >
> > "Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_enchant.dll' - The
> > specified module could not be found"
> >
> > All other extension are loaded. The extension is in the defined
> > extension-dir and the settings in php.ini are ok.
>
> Does the module depend on other DLLs?
>

> Klaus Triendl

"This version uses the functions of the » Enchant
library<http://www.abisource.com/projects/enchant/> by
Dom Lachowicz. You need Enchant 1.2.4 or later." [1]
Regards,

Richard.

[1] http://docs.php.net/manual/en/enchant.requirements.php

--
-----
Richard Quadling
From: Elizabeth M Smith on
Niel Archer wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> i switch to PHP5.3 and now PSPELL is no more working. I read the docu
>> and found that i must use PHP_Enchant from now.
>>
>> But everytime i try to use is PHP gets an error:
>>
>> "Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_enchant.dll' - The
>> specified module could not be found"
>>
>> All other extension are loaded. The extension is in the defined
>> extension-dir and the settings in php.ini are ok.
>
> Where did you get the extension file? The enchant extension is not
> supplied with PHP 5.3. It is available from PECL according to its
> documentation, but as no windows versions of these extensions have been
> available since PHP 5.2.7 or so. Any version you have is probably
> incorrect unless you compiled it yourself.
>
>> I run PHP on Windows XP Prof... Any ideas?
>>
>> Bye..
>>
>> --

> Niel Archer

Actually that is incorrect - enchant is available for PHP 5.3 on windows
but ONLY for the version compiled with VC9 - it is NOT available and
cannot be used with VC6 (and so mod_php with apache)

there is a libenchant.dll included in the distribution that PHP must be
able to find - easy way to do this is to put your PHP folder in your
windows PATH

Thanks,
Elizabeth Smith