From: Jeff Thies on
dorayme wrote:
> In article <i2300k$78l$1(a)news.albasani.net>,
> Jeff Thies <jeff_thies(a)att.net> wrote:
>
>> Marious Barrier wrote:
>>> Recommendation: drop support for IE <= 6. Everyone has dropped it,
>>> including corporations like Google.
>> Good. I wasn't planning on dealing with any more IE6 quirks anyways. I
>> remember when I dropped support for NS4, what a happy day!
>>
>> I just can't get IE7 or IE8 to run, I suppose I'll have to do a fresh
>> windows install some time... Urge to kill Bil Gates suppressed...
>
> In the meantime, you can always go to at browsershots,

Last couple times I tried there I got everything but IE7 and IE8!

for a
> quick and superficial static check, at least it is a clue. I am
> running IE on a virtual box on an Intel Macbook, seems to work a
> treat.

Cool.

I've been thinking of making a Hackintosh, plenty on the web about it.
Sick of windows.

Jeff

From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Jeff Thies wrote:

> There's a reason why I pinged Dorayme, she wasn't going to put me
> through this.

This is _not_ your customer support forum, nor is it the dorayme (or
whoever) contact forum. If you want to contact dorayme (or whoever) and
her/him alone, send her/him an e-mail.

--
PointedEars
From: dorayme on
In article <2887549.tZ34EBddDV(a)PointedEars.de>,
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars(a)web.de> wrote:

> Jeff Thies wrote:
>
> > There's a reason why I pinged Dorayme, she wasn't going to put me
> > through this.
>
> This is _not_ your customer support forum, nor is it the dorayme (or
> whoever) contact forum. If you want to contact dorayme (or whoever) and
> her/him/it alone, send her/him/it an e-mail.

How dare you! To contact me by email is to deny part of my
existence, it is akin to murder. But thank you for using a "d",
maybe you are not all bad.

Berkeley said that esse est percipi, and, for similar reasons,
dorayme's esse is its being perkippered on usenet.

--
dorayme
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
dorayme wrote:

> In article <2887549.tZ34EBddDV(a)PointedEars.de>,
> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars(a)web.de> wrote:
>> Jeff Thies wrote:
>>
>> > There's a reason why I pinged Dorayme, she wasn't going to put me
>> > through this.
>>
>> This is _not_ your customer support forum, nor is it the dorayme (or
>> whoever) contact forum. If you want to contact dorayme (or whoever) and
>> her/him/it alone, send her/him/it an e-mail.
^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^
That is _not_ what I wrote.

--
PointedEars
From: dorayme on
In article <i233vv$ban$1(a)news.albasani.net>,
Jeff Thies <jeff_thies(a)att.net> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
> > In article <i2300k$78l$1(a)news.albasani.net>,
> > Jeff Thies <jeff_thies(a)att.net> wrote:

> >> Good. I wasn't planning on dealing with any more IE6 quirks anyways. I
> >> remember when I dropped support for NS4, what a happy day!
> >>
> >> I just can't get IE7 or IE8 to run, I suppose I'll have to do a fresh
> >> windows install some time... Urge to kill Bil Gates suppressed...
> >
> > In the meantime, you can always go to at browsershots,
>
> Last couple times I tried there I got everything but IE7 and IE8!

These are the most worrisome browsers I guess in modern use in
numbers hard to ignore. I find it best to tick *none* first and
then to just tick the particular browsers I want, just two or
three. They are busy and you can wait up to 30 min and more
sometimes.

> for a
> > quick and superficial static check, at least it is a clue. I am
> > running IE on a virtual box on an Intel Macbook, seems to work a
> > treat.
>
> Cool.
>
> I've been thinking of making a Hackintosh, plenty on the web about it.
> Sick of windows.

You could I guess, you might have to spend more time on it than
you bargain for. Second hand Intel Macs are not that expensive.

--
dorayme
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last