From: Gus Richter on
On 7/20/2010 7:37 PM, dorayme wrote:
> In article<i241vd$li7$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"<a.nony.mous(a)example.invalid> wrote:
>
>> dorayme wrote:
>>
>>> I suppose you will point out now that Wittgenstein once
>>> sagaciously asked
>>
>> How odd is that? I haven't seen Ludwig's name in print for years and
>> years and maybe decades, and now ... twice in just a few hours. In a
>> novel I was reading last night, an older sibling suggests his parents
>> name a new baby girl "Wittgenstein." Another character in the book is an
>> ethicist.
>
> I think it would be an excellent name for a baby girl.
>
> It has been mentioned in this or ciwas or ciwa a few times. It
> cropped up in one one remark by Korpela when he was explaining
> the very useful idea of family resemblance and many times in
> various exchanges between Ben C and me when we used to probe the
> meaning of life (egged on by Gus).

The answer, of course, is 42.

--
Gus

From: dorayme on
In article <i25oio$8qi$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Gus Richter <gusrichter(a)netscape.net> wrote:

> On 7/20/2010 7:37 PM, dorayme wrote:
> > ...when we used to probe the
> > meaning of life (egged on by Gus).
> >
> The answer, of course, is 42.

<g>

--
dorayme
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
dorayme wrote:

> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars(a)web.de> wrote:
>> dorayme wrote:
>> ^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^
>> That is _not_ what I wrote.
>
> You deny it? It is there in green and white for all to see. Want
> a screenshot from different angles?

You have inserted "/it" twice, and you damn well know that. I would score
you down for deliberate quote forgery if that was still possible.

PointedEars
-- Richard Cornford, cljs, <cife6q$253$1$8300dec7(a)news.demon.co.uk> (2004)
From: dorayme on
In article <2267079.00ifERbkFS(a)PointedEars.de>,
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars(a)web.de> wrote:
> >> ^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^
> >> That is _not_ what I wrote.
> >
> > You deny it? It is there in green and white for all to see. Want
> > a screenshot from different angles?
>
> You have inserted "/it" twice, and you damn well know that. I would score
> you down for deliberate quote forgery if that was still possible.

Geez, what will you accuse me of next, inserting the "or
whatever" twice too? I could take to this forward slash quoting
idiosyncrasy of yours in a big way. It is so /cool!

Just out of curiosity, why is it not possible to *score me* down?
What is stopping you? In billiards or snooker, the reason might
be that the slider has been super-glued by a prankster, or rusted
or something. What gives in usenet?

--
dorayme
First  |  Prev  |