From: dorayme on
In article <2953065.heUzb2qOKl(a)PointedEars.de>,
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars(a)web.de> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
>
> > In article <2887549.tZ34EBddDV(a)PointedEars.de>,
> > Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars(a)web.de> wrote:

> >> This is _not_ your customer support forum, nor is it the dorayme (or
> >> whoever or whatever) contact forum. If you want to contact dorayme
> >> (or whoever or whatever) and
> >> her/him/it alone, send her/him/it an e-mail.
> ^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^
> That is _not_ what I wrote.

You deny it? It is there in green and white for all to see. Want
a screenshot from different angles?

I suppose you will point out now that Wittgenstein once
sagaciously asked if it helped, to confirm a newspaper report, to
see many copies of it.

--
dorayme
From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
dorayme wrote:

> I suppose you will point out now that Wittgenstein once
> sagaciously asked

How odd is that? I haven't seen Ludwig's name in print for years and
years and maybe decades, and now ... twice in just a few hours. In a
novel I was reading last night, an older sibling suggests his parents
name a new baby girl "Wittgenstein." Another character in the book is an
ethicist.

--
-bts
-does this qualify as a "small world story?"
From: Jeff Thies on
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> dorayme wrote:
>
>> In article <2887549.tZ34EBddDV(a)PointedEars.de>,
>> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars(a)web.de> wrote:

>>> This is _not_ your customer support forum, nor is it the dorayme (or
>>> whoever) contact forum. If you want to contact dorayme (or whoever) and
>>> her/him/it alone, send her/him/it an e-mail.
> ^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^
> That is _not_ what I wrote.

Just get over it. Not everything needs to be argued to death. As smart
as you are, you can be such a pain that reading/responding to your posts
can be not worth the aggravation. Is that what you want?

This is usenet, a rather dying entity due largely to all the
unwarranted personality conflicts. Who here hasn't unsubscribed to some
group because of that?

Jeff
From: Jonathan N. Little on
Jeff Thies wrote:
> There's a reason why I pinged Dorayme, she wasn't going to put me
> through this.
>
> The site's customers are looking for high end lighting and staging
> design. The visuals of the site are more important than having a site
> that is flexible or is readable at 4X text zoom. It actually holds up
> well at zoom, not that I care.

Hmmm, not 4x text just one bump up causes problems:

http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/alt.html.20100720.png

That is *fragile*. We're no talking about being blind, but I guess those
with less than perfect eyesight need not apply! And you insist upon it
with 12px and gray on gray text. <shrugs>

BTW zoom is a much overrated browser feature because it cannot defeat
bad web design, usually you are forced to pan back and forth to actually
read the page! Better to have a lousy magnifying glass in hand then
doing the "through the peephole" thing...

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
From: Marious Barrier on
On 07/19/2010 10:00 PM, Jeff Thies wrote:
> Marious Barrier wrote:
>> On 07/19/2010 01:03 PM, Jeff Thies wrote:
>>> I need a quick look at a couple things in IE8. My IE8 stopped working
>>> and I feel lucky to have a dinged up version of IE6. I'm not thinking
>>> well of MS... not at all.
>>
>> Recommendation: drop support for IE <= 6. Everyone has dropped it,
>> including corporations like Google.
>
> Good. I wasn't planning on dealing with any more IE6 quirks anyways. I
> remember when I dropped support for NS4, what a happy day!
>
> I just can't get IE7 or IE8 to run, I suppose I'll have to do a fresh
> windows install some time... Urge to kill Bil Gates suppressed...
>
> Jeff

I have VirtualBox with several snapshots of browsers installs.

If you do not want to give explanations.-
http://marious-alex.co.cc/ie-alert/
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: IE8 not bordering empty cell