From: bish on
On Nov 15, 1:20 pm, bish <bishes...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 15, 12:31 am, "MM" <mb...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:> It sounds as something happened to thecable'sUSBdriver. Try unplugging
> > thecablefrom your PC and plugging it back to a differentUSBport. This
> > might trigger the driver's reinstallation. If it does be patient as
> > depending on the software version it might have to install 2 or 3 drivers in
> > a row before you can use it.
>
> Yes I have done it, but still theproblempersists.
>
>  Always tell it to install automatically (don't
>

> > let it do any web search). The bottom line: wait for thatgreenlight on the
> > adapter to appear before trying to do anything with thecable.
> > yeah, but the amber light has not turnedgreeneven when the target board is powered up.
> > /Mikhail- Hide quoted text -

Finally the problem is seems to be solved. I had ise9.2 and xilinx's
user guide ug344 said it does not have driver file for model dlc10 and
therefore needs to be downloaded from the xilinx's site. I did it and
then the platform cable usb glowed with amber color much brighter than
it did earlier when it did not worked. Then the much awaited green
light lit up when connected to the board.

Still I wonder how it had worked a month before when I used it for
first few times with the ise9.2 and without downloading the new
drivers for the cable from the web. As far as I can remember, I don't
think I'd followed ug344 that time!!
Anyway, it's working now!!