From: Mike Scott on
On 01/08/2010 22:21, NoOp wrote:
> On 07/31/2010 11:40 PM, Mike Scott wrote:

>> I'll try 3.3 when I get back in a few days and see if that makes a
>> difference.
>>

> I suspect that you'll have the same issues. 3.3 provides a similar
> experience (for me); seems to have a few modifications to the Print UI
> look& feel, but overall doesn't seem to be all that different (again,
> for me).

I'm not exactly holding my breath, but it's been suggested so I'll try
it. Probably later this week. What puzzles me slightly is that there's
only the one printer there - a samsung laser running under CUPS. So "has
to be" (famous last words :-) ) the same driver for all applications.

--
Mike Scott

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Gordon Burgess-Parker on
On 01/08/10 22:21, NoOp wrote:

> I suspect that you'll have the same issues. 3.3 provides a similar
> experience (for me); s

Is 3.3 released yet? Can't see any reference to it on www.openoffice.org....

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Gordon Burgess-Parker on
On 02/08/10 18:35, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> On 01/08/10 22:21, NoOp wrote:
>

>> I suspect that you'll have the same issues. 3.3 provides a similar
>> experience (for me); s
>
> Is 3.3 released yet? Can't see any reference to it on www.openoffice.org....

Sorry, ignore. Just seen the "Developer snapshot" link....

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Detlef Grittner on
Am Sonntag, den 01.08.2010, 07:40 +0100 schrieb Mike Scott:
> On 01/08/2010 02:55, NoOp wrote:
> > I suggest that it's your printer driver that's limiting your choices,
> > not OOo.
>
> Thanks for the info. But other applications do seem to offer the whole
> gamut of options. No problem, for example, with gedit or gimp, just with
> OOo.
>
> I'll try 3.3 when I get back in a few days and see if that makes a
> difference.

When you take OOo from the Ubuntu Repository have you made sure that the
package "openoffice.org" is selected?
This fooled me several times, because in the standard installation there
is an OOo writer with crippled functionality and said package installs
the rest.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: NoOp on
On 08/01/2010 11:41 PM, Mike Scott wrote:
> On 01/08/2010 22:21, NoOp wrote:
>> I suspect that you'll have the same issues. 3.3 provides a similar
>> experience (for me); seems to have a few modifications to the Print UI
>> look& feel, but overall doesn't seem to be all that different (again,
>> for me).
>
> I'm not exactly holding my breath, but it's been suggested so I'll try
> it. Probably later this week. What puzzles me slightly is that there's
> only the one printer there - a samsung laser running under CUPS. So "has
> to be" (famous last words :-) ) the same driver for all applications.

I'd recommend posting over on the users list (both OOo users and Ubuntu
users) to see if someone there can assist.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org