From: Martin on
On 08/06/2010 12:34 AM, Henrik Carlqvist wrote:
> Martin <xtd8865(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Basically, when I press the right button (to unfold the context menu) it
>> immediately disappears. I have to press 5-7 times until it stays up and
>> lets me choose an option. Sometimes after right-clicking, it also
>> automatically 'clicks' on the first menu item (which results in creation
>> of new folders, opening documents in their default program. I don't even
>> touch the left button.
>
>> Option "Protocol" "auto"
>
> Maybe it would help to change that line to:
>
> Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
>
> Or you could also try "IMPS/2".
>
> regards Henrik

Thanks, unfortunately neither of the options has helped.

martin
From: Eef Hartman on
Martin <xtd8865(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, the 'options psmouse proto=imps' is commented out in
> /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.conf (It doesn't change anything when I enable
> that option anyway)

That is normal, as those are options for the psmouse (a mouse, connected
TO a PS/2 port) kernel module. Yours is a USB-connected one, so the
normal kernel module for that is usbhid (USB connected Human Interface
Device, that is: keyboard, mouse, scrollball, tablet, etc).

And although imps (IntelliMouse) protocol is still supported, modern
mice more often use explorerps/2 (at least, that is what all of our
Logitech, HP and Dell mice are using). But you have it at auto, so
it should be trying that one too.
** Eef Hartman, Delft University of Technology, dept. SSC/ICT **
** e-mail: E.J.M.Hartman(a)tudelft.nl - phone: +31-15-27 82525 **
From: Martin on
OK, thanks guys.
I gave up and plugged in another usb mouse (without any fancy buttons)-
it works as it's intended to work.

That's not what the real hacker would do but what the heck.

regards
martin