From: Martin on
I didn't have problems with previous versions of Slackware. Since 13.1
(or perhaps since the kernel that comes with 13.1) my mouse behaviour is
very annoying.

Basically, when I press the right button (to unfold the context menu) it
immediately disappears. I have to press 5-7 times until it stays up and
lets me choose an option. Sometimes after right-clicking, it also
automatically 'clicks' on the first menu item (which results in creation
of new folders, opening documents in their default program. I don't even
touch the left button.

My xorg.conf is:

Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "auto"
Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
Option "Buttons" "7"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"

The default options were different but the behaviour was exactly the
same. It's a usb multi-button mouse, but I don't care about the
functionality of the side buttons as I don't use them anyway.
What matters is the right/left buttons and the scrollwheel.

Also, the 'options psmouse proto=imps' is commented out in
/etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.conf (It doesn't change anything when I enable
that option anyway)

Thank you in advance.

Martin
From: Grant on
On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 21:12:13 +0100, Martin <xtd8865(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>I didn't have problems with previous versions of Slackware. Since 13.1
>(or perhaps since the kernel that comes with 13.1) my mouse behaviour is
>very annoying.
>
>Basically, when I press the right button (to unfold the context menu) it
>immediately disappears. I have to press 5-7 times until it stays up and
>lets me choose an option. Sometimes after right-clicking, it also
>automatically 'clicks' on the first menu item (which results in creation
>of new folders, opening documents in their default program. I don't even
>touch the left button.
>
>My xorg.conf is:
>
> Identifier "Mouse0"
> Driver "mouse"
> Option "Protocol" "auto"
> Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
> Option "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"

Turn off this emulate 3 buttons!?

Grant.

From: Martin on
On 08/05/2010 10:53 PM, Grant wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 21:12:13 +0100, Martin <xtd8865(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I didn't have problems with previous versions of Slackware. Since 13.1
>> (or perhaps since the kernel that comes with 13.1) my mouse behaviour is
>> very annoying.
>>
>> Basically, when I press the right button (to unfold the context menu) it
>> immediately disappears. I have to press 5-7 times until it stays up and
>> lets me choose an option. Sometimes after right-clicking, it also
>> automatically 'clicks' on the first menu item (which results in creation
>> of new folders, opening documents in their default program. I don't even
>> touch the left button.
>>
>> My xorg.conf is:
>>
>> Identifier "Mouse0"
>> Driver "mouse"
>> Option "Protocol" "auto"
>> Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
>> Option "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
>
> Turn off this emulate 3 buttons!?
>
> Grant.
>
>> Option "Buttons" "7"
>> Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
>>

>> The default options were different but the behaviour was exactly the
>> same. It's a usb multi-button mouse, but I don't care about the
>> functionality of the side buttons as I don't use them anyway.
>> What matters is the right/left buttons and the scrollwheel.
>>
>> Also, the 'options psmouse proto=imps' is commented out in
>> /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.conf (It doesn't change anything when I enable
>> that option anyway)
>>
>> Thank you in advance.
>>
>> Martin

Thanks. I've already tried it.
I've just double-checked it and it doesn't change anything with values
"no" or "false" or the line completely commented out:(

martin
From: Martin on
On 08/05/2010 11:39 PM, Martin wrote:
> On 08/05/2010 10:53 PM, Grant wrote:
>> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 21:12:13 +0100, Martin <xtd8865(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I didn't have problems with previous versions of Slackware. Since 13.1
>>> (or perhaps since the kernel that comes with 13.1) my mouse behaviour is
>>> very annoying.
>>>
>>> Basically, when I press the right button (to unfold the context menu) it
>>> immediately disappears. I have to press 5-7 times until it stays up and
>>> lets me choose an option. Sometimes after right-clicking, it also
>>> automatically 'clicks' on the first menu item (which results in creation
>>> of new folders, opening documents in their default program. I don't even
>>> touch the left button.
>>>
>>> My xorg.conf is:
>>>
>>> Identifier "Mouse0"
>>> Driver "mouse"
>>> Option "Protocol" "auto"
>>> Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
>>> Option "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
>>
>> Turn off this emulate 3 buttons!?
>>
>> Grant.
>>
>>> Option "Buttons" "7"
>>> Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
>>>

>>> The default options were different but the behaviour was exactly the
>>> same. It's a usb multi-button mouse, but I don't care about the
>>> functionality of the side buttons as I don't use them anyway.
>>> What matters is the right/left buttons and the scrollwheel.
>>>
>>> Also, the 'options psmouse proto=imps' is commented out in
>>> /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.conf (It doesn't change anything when I enable
>>> that option anyway)
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance.
>>>
>>> Martin
>

> Thanks. I've already tried it.
> I've just double-checked it and it doesn't change anything with values
> "no" or "false" or the line completely commented out:(
>
> martin

/var/log/Xorg.0

At the beginning:

(==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
(WW) AllowEmptyInput is on, devices using drivers 'kbd', 'mouse' or
'vmmouse' will be disabled.
(WW) Disabling Keyboard0
(WW) Disabling Mouse0
(II) Loader magic: 0x7c0040

then
(II) config/hal: Adding input device Macintosh mouse button emulation
(II) LoadModule: "evdev"
(II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so
(II) Module evdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 7.0
(**) Macintosh mouse button emulation: always reports core events
(**) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Device: "/dev/input/event0"
(II) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Found 3 mouse buttons
(II) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Found relative axes
(II) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Found x and y relative axes
(II) Macintosh mouse button emulation: Configuring as mouse
(**) Macintosh mouse button emulation: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(**) Macintosh mouse button emulation: EmulateWheelButton: 4,
EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Macintosh mouse button
emulation" (type: MOUSE)
(**) Macintosh mouse button emulation: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
(**) Macintosh mouse button emulation: (accel) acceleration profile 0
(II) Macintosh mouse button emulation: initialized for relative axes.
(II) config/hal: Adding input device HID 1241:1166
(**) HID 1241:1166: always reports core events
(**) HID 1241:1166: Device: "/dev/input/event3"
(II) HID 1241:1166: Found 9 mouse buttons
(II) HID 1241:1166: Found scroll wheel(s)
(II) HID 1241:1166: Found relative axes
(II) HID 1241:1166: Found x and y relative axes
(II) HID 1241:1166: Configuring as mouse
(**) HID 1241:1166: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(**) HID 1241:1166: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10,
EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "HID 1241:1166" (type: MOUSE)
(**) HID 1241:1166: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
(**) HID 1241:1166: (accel) acceleration profile 0
(II) HID 1241:1166: initialized for relative axes.

I've noticed that I think since 2.6.33 (I think) on all my machines
there's this mackintosh mouse button emulation, which in most cases
messes the mouse's/touchpad functionality.

From: Henrik Carlqvist on
Martin <xtd8865(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Basically, when I press the right button (to unfold the context menu) it
> immediately disappears. I have to press 5-7 times until it stays up and
> lets me choose an option. Sometimes after right-clicking, it also
> automatically 'clicks' on the first menu item (which results in creation
> of new folders, opening documents in their default program. I don't even
> touch the left button.

> Option "Protocol" "auto"

Maybe it would help to change that line to:

Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"

Or you could also try "IMPS/2".

regards Henrik
hc123(at)poolhem.se Examples of addresses which go to spammers:
root(a)localhost postmaster(a)localhost