From: Artist on
Is there a way to get pure-ftpd-mysql to output what it read from the file:
/etc/pure-ftpd/db/mysql.conf
?

I want to know because my FTP client cannot make a connection so I would
like to verify it read this file correctly. The message I get from the
FTP client is that the login or password is incorrect.

My OS is Debian Lenny.

This is the entry from the FTP attempt in /var/log/syslog:

May 23 11:20:14 debian pure-ftpd: (?@...) [INFO] New connection from
dsl092-045-132.lax1.dsl.speakeasy.net
May 23 11:20:14 debian pure-ftpd: (?@...) [ERROR] The SQL server seems
to be down [Access denied for user 'froxlor'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)]
May 23 11:20:14 debian pure-ftpd: (?@...) [WARNING] Authentication
failed for user [Webmaster]
May 23 11:20:17 debian pure-ftpd: (?@...) [INFO] Logout.

But I was able to log in to mysql from the command line with the command:
mysql -u froxlor -p froxlor
and using the password for the froxlor user in the file
/etc/pure-ftpd/db/mysql.conf

I had made sure the problem is not the firewall by executing the command:
/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3306 -j ACCEPT

The result of netstat is:
:~# netstat -ntulp | grep mysql
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:3306 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
29616/mysqld

So the SQL server does seem to be up.

The privileges for froxlor are:

The MySQL grants for froxlor@%
GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'froxlor'@'%'
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `froxlor`.* TO 'froxlor'@'...

I need to know how to get my FTP client connect. Any help is much
appreciated.

--
If you desire to respond directly remove the "sj." from the domain name
part of my email address. It is a spam jammer.
From: Artist on
This problem disappeared when MySQL was upgraded. So it appears to have
been a MySQL bug.