From: felmon on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 15:49:49 +0100, White Spirit wrote:

> On 19/05/2010 08:44, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>
>> Ive got hauppage dvb usb working here in UK with very little effort.
>
> I have the WinTV-NovaT stick and it works perfectly. I use Kaffeine and
> it's excellent.

here is an update:

I took the kit to another shop and the fellow found some errors I made
installing the motherboard. good enough. he claimed he got an old nic
card to work on the pci bus.

encouraged I took it home and plugged in the tv card. no go. I plugged in
an old nic card. no go. sigh.

I bought another tv card - admittedly a tad desperate since it's clear
the bus is not working - and plugged it in. no go. (WinTV-HVR 1600)

by 'no go' I mean no show on lspci.

so the friendly tech guy will do some more, perhaps more scientific or
thorough, tests on monday.

I have a little tv usb stick (some Hauppauge thingie). I got it working.
that's nice but not satisfying for a number of reasons, not the least
being I should be able to use the pci bus.

(I also have to redirect sound via 'sox' in order to get sound out of
tvtime. not ideal.)

Felmon