From: Eeyore on

Tim Perry wrote:

> "Eeyore" wrote
> >
> > It's hardly an impedance match problem it's a LEVEL match problem.
>
> The z match transformers use a step up turns ratio which does increase
> signal.

Mention impedance and newbies will get all confused and start asking silly
questions about circuit loadings. Just call it a step-up transformer.

Graham

From: Tim Perry on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Tim Perry wrote:
>
> > "Eeyore" wrote
> > >
> > > It's hardly an impedance match problem it's a LEVEL match problem.
> >
> > The z match transformers use a step up turns ratio which does increase
> > signal.
>
> Mention impedance and newbies will get all confused and start asking silly
> questions about circuit loadings. Just call it a step-up transformer.
>
> Graham

That's what they are called, apparently even in the UK

http://www.compositevideo.co.uk/product-list.asp?nlid=158&catid=158&manid=0

hey its a step up, you can even hook it up backwards and have it step down.

From: Chas Gill on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Tim Perry wrote:
>
>> "Eeyore" wrote
>> >
>> > It's hardly an impedance match problem it's a LEVEL match problem.
>>
>> The z match transformers use a step up turns ratio which does increase
>> signal.
>
> Mention impedance and newbies will get all confused and start asking silly
> questions about circuit loadings. Just call it a step-up transformer.
>
> Graham

Well, if they do, Graham, I'm sure you will be the first "pro" here to give
them a silly answer. You really are beginning to get insufferably arrogant,
you know. Who's upset you?

From: Eeyore on

Chas Gill wrote:

> "Eeyore" wrote
> > Tim Perry wrote:
> >> "Eeyore" wrote

> >> The z match transformers use a step up turns ratio which does increase
> >> signal.
> >
> > Mention impedance and newbies will get all confused and start asking silly
> > questions about circuit loadings. Just call it a step-up transformer.
>
> Well, if they do, Graham, I'm sure you will be the first "pro" here to give
> them a silly answer. You really are beginning to get insufferably arrogant,
> you know. Who's upset you?

You want to know ? Shuttlesound, Midas and Dynacord for one !

The point is, mention impedance and instantly you tend to get questions like
'must it be 600 ohms ?' etc.

Graham

From: liquidator on

> Chas Gill wrote:

> > > Mention impedance and newbies will get all confused and start asking
silly
> > > questions about circuit loadings. Just call it a step-up transformer.
> >
> > Well, if they do, Graham, I'm sure you will be the first "pro" here to
give
> > them a silly answer. You really are beginning to get insufferably
arrogant,
> > you know. Who's upset you?
>
> You want to know ? Shuttlesound, Midas and Dynacord for one !
>
> The point is, mention impedance and instantly you tend to get questions
like
> 'must it be 600 ohms ?' etc.
>
> Graham

There was the time we did a British pop singer over here, my roadie had put
up an SM58 instead of the Beyer he requested.

The singer sneered 'What impudence!', the roadie replied, 600 ohms.