From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Chas Gill wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, if they do, Graham, I'm sure you will be the first "pro" here to
> > > give them a silly answer. You really are beginning to get insufferably
> > > arrogant, you know.

Sometimes a wealth of knowledge makes it look that way.

> Who's upset you?
> >
> > You want to know ? Shuttlesound, Midas and Dynacord for one !
> >
> > The point is, mention impedance and instantly you tend to get questions
> > like 'must it be 600 ohms ?' etc.
>
> There was the time we did a British pop singer over here, my roadie had put
> up an SM58 instead of the Beyer he requested.
>
> The singer sneered 'What impudence!', the roadie replied, 600 ohms.

LOL @ the joke ! It isn't either 600 ohms either but nm. The roadie probably
gave the acceptable answer.

Graham

From: liquidator on

> liquidator wrote:

> Sometimes a wealth of knowledge makes it look that way.
>

> > Who's upset you?
> > >
> > > You want to know ? Shuttlesound, Midas and Dynacord for one !
> > >
> > > The point is, mention impedance and instantly you tend to get
questions
> > > like 'must it be 600 ohms ?' etc.
> >
> > There was the time we did a British pop singer over here, my roadie had
put
> > up an SM58 instead of the Beyer he requested.
> >
> > The singer sneered 'What impudence!', the roadie replied, 600 ohms.
>
> LOL @ the joke ! It isn't either 600 ohms either but nm. The roadie
probably
> gave the acceptable answer.
>
> Graham

Serious- true story. I was there.

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> "Eeyore" wrote
> > liquidator wrote:
> > >
> > > There was the time we did a British pop singer over here, my roadie had
> > > put up an SM58 instead of the Beyer he requested.
> > >
> > > The singer sneered 'What impudence!', the roadie replied, 600 ohms.
> >
> > LOL @ the joke ! It isn't either 600 ohms either but nm. The roadie
> > probably gave the acceptable answer.
> >
> Serious- true story. I was there.

The best ones always are.

Graham

From: Phildo on

"jakdedert" <jakdedert(a)bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> George's ProSound Company wrote:
> <snip>
>> and do not "Y" the ipod's channels into one input one the LG
>> strange things happen to a line level stereo signal when passivly "y"ed
>> George
> That's good to know. Some stereo line-outs don't mind being tied
> together, although I never do it if there's an option. Lately I've been
> getting a lot of ipods and stereo laptop outputs. Fortunately we've got
> dedicated A/V DIs, with isolated stereo lines-in to a single balanced out.

http://www.studiospares.com/DI-Boxes/ART-Av-Direct/invt/325470 is a great
and cheap little unit. Got me out of trouble a few times.

Phildo

From: jakdedert on
Phildo wrote:
> "jakdedert" <jakdedert(a)bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> George's ProSound Company wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> and do not "Y" the ipod's channels into one input one the LG
>>> strange things happen to a line level stereo signal when passivly "y"ed
>>> George
>> That's good to know. Some stereo line-outs don't mind being tied
>> together, although I never do it if there's an option. Lately I've been
>> getting a lot of ipods and stereo laptop outputs. Fortunately we've got
>> dedicated A/V DIs, with isolated stereo lines-in to a single balanced out.
>
> http://www.studiospares.com/DI-Boxes/ART-Av-Direct/invt/325470 is a great
> and cheap little unit. Got me out of trouble a few times.
>
> Phildo

Those are much cheaper than the Whirlwind units I usually get. Last
time out, the production company also supplied me a few of the Radial
ProAV2's. <http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ProAV2/> Either is
way overkill for the application (laptop lines out or ipods); but they
are both substantial kit which didn't give me any trouble.

jak