From: pathik on
My oracle9i server got currupted and we have recovered data from hard
disks. Now I want to reinstall the server on the machine, and install
oracle9i server on it. I have got all Data file, control files etc
intact. how can I recover the database.
From: Mladen Gogala on
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 10:43:20 -0700, pathik wrote:

> My oracle9i server got currupted and we have recovered data from hard
> disks. Now I want to reinstall the server on the machine, and install
> oracle9i server on it. I have got all Data file, control files etc
> intact. how can I recover the database.

You already have recovered it. No need to do it twice.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com
From: Steve Howard on
On Apr 1, 1:43 pm, pathik <dhnpat...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> My oracle9i server got currupted and we have recovered data from hard
> disks. Now I want to reinstall the server on the machine, and install
> oracle9i server on it. I have got all Data file, control files etc
> intact. how can I recover the database.

What do you mean, "intact"? Do you mean you have all the files, but
don't know if they are consistent? Were the files the result of a
cold backup? If the instance was actively using the database files
when the server went down, then you *might* have recovery issues.

I would start with the backup and recovery docs, namely:

http://www.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.to_toc?pathname=server.920%2Fa96519%2Ftoc.htm&remark=docindex
From: pathik on
On Apr 1, 11:16 pm, Steve Howard <stevedhow...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 1, 1:43 pm, pathik <dhnpat...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > My oracle9i server got currupted and we have recovered data from hard
> > disks. Now I want to reinstall the server on the machine, and install
> > oracle9i server on it. I have got all Data file, control files etc
> > intact. how can I recover the database.
>
> What do you mean, "intact"?  Do you mean you have all the files, but
> don't know if they are consistent?  Were the files the result of a
> cold backup?  If the instance was actively using the database files
> when the server went down, then you *might* have recovery issues.
>
> I would start with the backup and recovery docs, namely:
>
> http://www.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.to_toc?pathname=server.920%2Fa965....

intact means I have all the files are there recovered on separate
HDD, but after reload of OS on server what will happen. whether I
have to reload oracle9i RDDMS and reload dataabse on it or simply add
all the RDBMS files.
From: John Hurley on
On Apr 1, 2:46 pm, pathik <dhnpat...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> > I would start with the backup and recovery docs, namely:
>
> >http://www.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.to_toc?pathname=server.920%2Fa965....
>
> intact means I have all the files are there recovered on separate
> HDD,  but after reload of OS on server what will happen. whether I
> have to reload oracle9i RDDMS and reload dataabse on it or simply add
> all the RDBMS files.

At the level you are operating at the first thing I would recommend is
get backup copies of everything before proceeding any further. You
are currently messed up .... but you still may want to get back to
where you are currenlty.

Is there a DBA around for this database?