From: Kathryn on
after making,saving,publishing a movie I reopen and photo and/or music clips
in content pane are 'x' out, therefore those clips in storboard/timeline are
'x' out. I right clicked on 'x', clicked browse for missing files. A message
'file not found' came up. The missing files are not in the recycle bin,
either. After redownloading the photo and/or music, again and save. The next
time I open that movie, I may have the same issues with another photo or
song. Do you have any other suggestions on what I am doing wrong to have
this problem in the first place in order to avoid the 'x'?
From: John Inzer on
Kathryn wrote:
> after making,saving,publishing a movie I reopen and photo and/or
> music clips in content pane are 'x' out, therefore those clips in
> storboard/timeline are 'x' out. I right clicked on 'x', clicked
> browse for missing files. A message 'file not found' came up. The
> missing files are not in the recycle bin, either. After redownloading
> the photo and/or music, again and save. The next time I open that
> movie, I may have the same issues with another photo or song. Do you
> have any other suggestions on what I am doing wrong to have this
> problem in the first place in order to avoid the 'x'?
=====================================
This usually occurs if the source files have been
moved, deleted or are otherwise unavailable.

The .mswmm project file does not archive copies
of the source files...it only records the path to the
original location.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: Kathryn on
In other words, even though I have saved the movie, I can not delete the
photos or music from media player, pictures, or scan? Or, if I copy the
picture from facebook and the originator removes the pictures, they will 'x'
out on the saved movie when I open it again, right? I have, also ,deleted the
photos/music from my computer. The next time I download that movie from
flash back to the movie maker those pictures/music are 'x' out. The
pictures/music must always stay in picture/music, right?

From: John Inzer on
Kathryn wrote:
> In other words, even though I have saved the movie, I can not delete
> the photos or music from media player, pictures, or scan?
Source files cannot be moved or deleted if you expect
to reopen the project file and continue editing.
> Or, if I
> copy the picture from facebook and the originator removes the
> pictures, they will 'x' out on the saved movie when I open it again,
> right?
The saved 'movie' you know...the .wmv file will be safe...
but if you reopen the .mswmm project file for re-editing...
the files must be available in the original locations and
should be archived in a folder on your personal hard drive.
> I have, also ,deleted the photos/music from my computer. The
> next time I download that movie from flash back to the movie maker
> those pictures/music are 'x' out. The pictures/music must always
> stay in picture/music, right?
Yes...you must not move or delete the original source files
if you plan to reopen the .mswmm project file for re-editing.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: Kathryn on

John, Thank you for sharing. I appreciate your help.
Kathryn
"John Inzer" wrote:

> Kathryn wrote:
> > In other words, even though I have saved the movie, I can not delete
> > the photos or music from media player, pictures, or scan?
> Source files cannot be moved or deleted if you expect
> to reopen the project file and continue editing.
> > Or, if I
> > copy the picture from facebook and the originator removes the
> > pictures, they will 'x' out on the saved movie when I open it again,
> > right?
> The saved 'movie' you know...the .wmv file will be safe...
> but if you reopen the .mswmm project file for re-editing...
> the files must be available in the original locations and
> should be archived in a folder on your personal hard drive.
> > I have, also ,deleted the photos/music from my computer. The
> > next time I download that movie from flash back to the movie maker
> > those pictures/music are 'x' out. The pictures/music must always
> > stay in picture/music, right?
> Yes...you must not move or delete the original source files
> if you plan to reopen the .mswmm project file for re-editing.
>
> --
>
> J. Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice