From: Amy on
Hi,

I'm using vs2005 to make a Cab file for the pocket pc 2003. I have to
register some string for the device. But I would like to know how to add
multi string(vsdrvtMultiString)? since I got compile error when i'm doing
this config. Thanks!
From: Michael J. Salamone on
I don't know the answer, but a workaround is to use a setup DLL and create
the value there. Hardly convenient, but if you got to you got to.

--
Michael Salamone [eMVP]
Entrek Software, Inc.

From: Mike Edwards on
Check out this page for a bit of a discussion on it:

http://www.gpcarreon.com/?p=330&page=6

OK, so that's a smartphone blog, but I guess it's the same. Also possibly
this page might explain it in a little more detail:

http://www.modaco.com/Creating_CAB_files_for_a_MS_Smartphone-t94713.html

It's not something I've used myself, so I can't offer direct comments.

Mike.

From: Amy on
Thanks for your reply. i'm using vs2005 to make make the cab and the .inf
file. I would like to know how to set the registry value for multi string in
..vs2005 registry property in order to get the result of
"HKCR","webexfile\Shell\Open\Command","(Default)","0x00010000", "abc.exe",
"%1" in the .inf file. Thanks!!

"Mike Edwards" wrote:

> Check out this page for a bit of a discussion on it:
>
> http://www.gpcarreon.com/?p=330&page=6
>
> OK, so that's a smartphone blog, but I guess it's the same. Also possibly
> this page might explain it in a little more detail:
>
> http://www.modaco.com/Creating_CAB_files_for_a_MS_Smartphone-t94713.html
>
> It's not something I've used myself, so I can't offer direct comments.
>
> Mike.
>
> "Amy" <Amy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using vs2005 to make a Cab file for the pocket pc 2003. I have to
> > register some string for the device. But I would like to know how to add
> > multi string(vsdrvtMultiString)? since I got compile error when i'm doing
> > this config. Thanks!

Pages: 1
Prev: EDB Object Store for WM 5.0
Next: Registry problem